Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I think $2.99 is nothing. When I read the first few complaints about the price, I was thinking it cost $10 or something.

If the app really provides a finely tuned user experience, then a couple of bucks is fine IMO. The EBay mobile app is written by EBay, this app is by a 3rd party developer who is not getting paid by Craig or his list.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
stop assuming shyt you imbecile

Thanks for giving me a reason to ignore your posts from now on.

If the app really provides a finely tuned user experience, then a couple of bucks is fine IMO. The EBay mobile app is written by EBay, this app is by a 3rd party developer who is not getting paid by Craig or his list.

Exactly! People are not getting the fact that it's worthwhile having an app rather than just using mobile Safari, for a better user experience -- and people are willing to pay for that.

Now....if Craigslist made their own app and charged for it, I could see a reason to complain -- as their online service is for free, and so their app should probably be too. OR -- if Craigslist DID have a free app available, and someone else was still offering one for a price, I could also see a reason to complain. But right now, Craigslist has NO official app available, and there doesn't seem to be one planned. The CraigsMobileList developer is offering a service that is not currently available by anyone else. He no doubt put a lot of man hours and development money into it, and deserves to get something back for it. The public can then decide with their wallets whether or not they think it's worth getting -- but to say it's wrong for a developer to provide a service for people that may want it seems crazy to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.