Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Current app to home screen animation

I've noticed something very weird about this issue on iOS 7.1.

On my iPad, the amount of time until the touch responds after closing an app is CONSIDERABLY shorter than on my phone.

Wtf?

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Is this problem fixed in iOS 7.1.1? I don't want to update just yet.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Ok. I guess everybody knows at this point, but the issue is still there, at least on the iPhone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've noticed something very weird about this issue on iOS 7.1.

On my iPad, the amount of time until the touch responds after closing an app is CONSIDERABLY shorter than on my phone.

Wtf?
Do both have the same types of settings, like reduce motion on or off, etc.? Also, do both have (or don't have) accessibility shortcut (the triple-press of home button) enabled or disabled?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Sorry its not rubbish and no it is not anywhere near on par with iOS 6. Either test it or don't comment.

Had you jailbroken your phone on iOS 7.0.4 and unlocked Apple's Hidden Settings manager, you could see exactly how they've configured the animation to behave...and also how a slight tweak to it can speed it up dramatically with no negative side effect whatsoever.

Having seen this myself, it bothers me to know that this is the speed Apple is ok with.

That isn't true, iOS 7.1 is faster than iOS 6! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ud0Hmv4yy8

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
How is it the wrong thread? The poster suggested turning on reduce motion. And that solves the issue.

No it doesn't. Please read the thread.

Do both have the same types of settings, like reduce motion on or off, etc.? Also, do both have (or don't have) accessibility shortcut (the triple-press of home button) enabled or disabled?

Yup, both have the same settings.

I guess it might have something to do with the amount of power on the iPad, which I guess is still far superior to the iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.