Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
I have the same issue with watchOS 10.0.1, used to work on watchOS 10.0 (although I moved to 15PM and had to set up the watch again).

Last edited:
Reactions: AnthroMatt

Uln4321

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
Having the same issue here ever since IP15 upgrade. I've tried restoring watch 3 times, starting watch from scratch, reseting all location & privacy with no luck. Finally got it working last night after simply deleting/reinstalling weather app from iPhone! But this morning it is broken again.

Reactions: nortonandreev

Spenny25

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2016
UK
How do I reset location authorizations?
Settings - General - Reset and then Reset Location and Privacy

I've tried that, as well as setting up both my phone and watch as new devices and still the issue persists......

Looks like its something only Apple will be able to sort with an update

Last edited:

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
The location and privacy reset didn't fix it for me. The only way to fix it temporarily is to change the watch face and then back to my regular watch face. It goes back to -- after about an hour, though. I guess only Apple can permanently fix it.

dav146

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
Try opening Watch / Weather on your iPhone. Then change Default City to ‘Current Location’.

This seems to work for me at the moment - my Smart Stack & complications are both working for now.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Yeah same issue here.

Changing from current location to a selected city changes it briefly but then it messes up again.

Hopefully they sort quickly

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
You can try to reset all of your location settings to the factory default on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [device], tap Reset, then tap Reset Location & Privacy.
When your location and privacy settings are reset, apps will stop using your location until you grant them permission.
Thank you! This fixed my sunrise/sunset complication.

[Edit: THANK YOU!!!]

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I have the same problem but I think it’s related to the fact that “current location” doesn’t even show as an option in my apple watch weather app. If I go into the app I only see the pre set locations.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
I have the same problem but I think it’s related to the fact that “current location” doesn’t even show as an option in my apple watch weather app. If I go into the app I only see the pre set locations.
rbart said:
You can try to reset all of your location settings to the factory default on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [device], tap Reset, then tap Reset Location & Privacy.
When your location and privacy settings are reset, apps will stop using your location until you grant them permission.

neilrajan1794

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
rbart said:
this fix works only for a few hours unfortunately :( .. in my case once i reset the location authroizations everything seemed to work fine initially , a little over a a couple of hours later , the same problems started to reoccur

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
this fix works only for a few hours unfortunately :( .. in my case once i reset the location authroizations everything seemed to work fine initially , a little over a a couple of hours later , the same problems started to reoccur
It's working for most people without any issue.
You should have another problem.

Reactions: neilrajan1794

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
The issue is that after you select the complication the default city for weather switches away from "current location". Check it by going to settings->weather on your apple watch.

You can temporarily fix it by force quitting the weather app and restarting your watch. But if you click on the complication again the issue will come back.

David Knowles

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
I turned off location services and turned it back on and the temp now shows on the watch.

It doesn’t show all of the cities I have on the phone but it’s a step forward

bdart2

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
Here is a question: why is my Apple Watch ultra compass altitude not matching the same on my iPhone?

One says 2860 the other says 2826.

neilrajan1794

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
It's working for most people without any issue.
You should have another problem.
@rbart almost all of the issues were fixed by followng the reset location authorizations method thanks to your advise , location issues and the smaller circular weather compications too work as intended but barring one issue , and that is the larger hourly weather conditions complications/widgets keep saying ''loading weather'' often .. these hourly weather widgets which are also present in the smart stack also keeping saying the same ''loading weather'' message ...even in the modular watch face . when i place any of the weather widgets in the large middle slot , most of the times is says ''loading weather''

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I reported this bug to Apple during beta 7/8 and have no response. The problem goes deeper than just Weather - it seems to be a location services bug in general.

I was working on a new app with location data, and after installing my app the first time, location for my watch app no longer worked. The app on the phone was fine, but the watch app with the connected location permissions couldn't request permissions, and according to the OS it already had permissions to get location. But when I make a location request, it would just return an error that the app doesn't have permissions.

Built a simple demo project and submitted it with my radar, it breaks 100% of the time if you delete one of the apps and reinstall, and can't be recovered after that point. I ended up shelving the app for now as the watch app having location data is crucial to it's function. It works perfectly on watchOS 9, even connected to an iOS 17 device.

Reactions: rbart

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
I reported this bug to Apple during beta 7/8 and have no response. The problem goes deeper than just Weather - it seems to be a location services bug in general.

I was working on a new app with location data, and after installing my app the first time, location for my watch app no longer worked. The app on the phone was fine, but the watch app with the connected location permissions couldn't request permissions, and according to the OS it already had permissions to get location. But when I make a location request, it would just return an error that the app doesn't have permissions.

Built a simple demo project and submitted it with my radar, it breaks 100% of the time if you delete one of the apps and reinstall, and can't be recovered after that point. I ended up shelving the app for now as the watch app having location data is crucial to it's function. It works perfectly on watchOS 9, even connected to an iOS 17 device.
Exactly, I have spent one week trying to fix my app (YouRace) which wasn't getting access to GPS on my watch.
Locations look correct, pair/unpair did nothing.
Reset as new did nothing
The problem was only fixed by resetting all location authorizations on the iOS side.
I think all apps that rely on GPS could have the same issue.
It's a bug that came with iOS17/watchOS10 and not only impacting weather.
Weather is probably the visible part of the iceberg as most people have a weather widget on the watchface.

Salve

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
That's right. I also have the sunset/sunrise and weather problems myself. This data is not displayed correctly.
Interestingly, the problem can be solved in the short term:
Turn on WiFi on the watch!
Close the respective app on the watch and reopen it. Even if the iPhone is not connected to WiFi, the respective complication will appear again. For me, a GPS tracking bug is responsible for all the problems. Presumably this will be fixed in 10.1. Hopefully...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.