Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wubsylol

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2014
You can't upgrade the Mac. You could play on Windows, but I didn't mention that because you already said Boot Camp wasn't an option.

wjw0111

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2016
Has anyone run this on the 2016 MacBook (Intel m3, graphics 515)? Not that I bought this computer for gaming, but just wondering if it's a non-starter?

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
What GPU do you have?
If you have a compatible GPU, Metal will work.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I did run a gtx 670 w/4gb ram but it just died on me. Too much dust in my pro, so i cleaned it out and put the original 5770 back in. Im in the market for another card it looks like. Any recommends on a nvidia under $200usd that supports metal?

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Wales
Just popped up on the UK App store. Says VRAM 2gb. Not sure whether to give it a go or not.

Lot of loot if it will not run on a 2013 iMac.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Wales
OK, could not wait and went for it.
Late 2013 iMac with 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
16gb ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB

Runs OK on lower setting, not cranked it up yet to see where it struggles. Long delay on the first load from one area. 1gb 1 gb vram on Cyan web site (min, best is 4) but 2 on the App store.

There has been the odd stall but nothing to make it unplayable, so far..... only just got to the first area.

Try to get to grips with it some more today however the App store fudged itself and a there was an issue in a file that needed deleting to get it to run a second time.

Edit. First load today is taking ages. Four minutes now. Ok. We shall see.... this might be a deal breaker.

Edit 2. If I use auto detect, the settings all go low for mine and it runs very well. No stuttering. Up the settings and even medium start to give issues. Epic is a non starter, obviously.

One load too eight minutes. Not a deal breaker, go do something else for eight minutes.... Tried the language change that some site say may work but not really. Starting to get to the puzzles now and the resolution, all things considered, is good enough on this iMac. Just at the start of the game so no idea if there are more machine intensive area's that will degrade it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.