Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I was really excited about this but as an adult I just don’t have the time in a week to go back to watch classic and old movies / shows for nostalgia. I can barely keep up with what is current on other platforms

Reactions: lunarworks

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
If you don’t have Verizon and you prefer not to subscribe through iTunes? Just a thought. Or not an iPhone user or realize that buying possibly used App Store codes with no value for $3 savings is just less convenient. Anything else?

You’re in an Apple forum. Why wouldn’t you use iTunes? If you’re that determined to defend this bad deal though...lol.

cdapple

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2010
I bought a $100 Apple gift card for $80. I've been trying to figure out a way to get the discounted D+ rate, today, while using the gift card. Don't think there's a way.

CanadianGuy

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Is this US only? When I follow the link, it doesn't mention the deal at all.
[automerge]1575310865[/automerge]
Is this US only? When I follow the link, it doesn't mention the deal at all.

Answering my own question:

"It's only available in the United States and Puerto Rico, and it does not include a free trial of Disney+."

I should have read through to the end of the post... :)

coachgq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
You’re in an Apple forum. Why wouldn’t you use iTunes? If you’re that determined to defend this bad deal though...lol.
Just proving options. You’re that determined to be right and that your way is the only way. It’s a good deal for some. Just not you.

Last edited by a moderator:

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
or realize that buying possibly used App Store codes with no value for $3 savings is just less convenient. Anything else?

Major retailers are selling $100 iTunes cards for $80 right now. You are undervaluing the discount and overvaluing the risk.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
I said nothing regarding my finances, and it’s honestly none of your business nor the topic of discussion.

Simply stating that a CYBER-MONDAY DEAL with a “notable discount” is fairly laughable.

You are correct. I went too far with a sarcastic post. My apologies

garya73

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2013
Delaware, USA
*If you overpay on wireless.

I watch movies more than once, but there is typically a 5 to 10 year gap between viewings.

Verizon isn't #1 because they have crappy service.

I don't mind paying extra knowing I can go pretty much anywhere I need to and I don't have to worry about having service or not. Even in a few areas I get poor service, but it's still service.

It is worth it to pay extra for the peace of mind that I know if I am somewhere and have a problem I can make calls.

Get back to me when Sprint/Tmo and AT&T get to the investment levels that Verizon has and build out their networks. Until then, I will happily stay where I am.

Some plans even give you Apple Music included as well. I'm not going to say it is free, just built into the cost of the plan like Disney+ is.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Verizon isn't #1 because they have crappy service.

I don't mind paying extra knowing I can go pretty much anywhere I need to and I don't have to worry about having service or not. Even in a few areas I get poor service, but it's still service.

It is worth it to pay extra for the peace of mind that I know if I am somewhere and have a problem I can make calls.

Get back to me when Sprint/Tmo and AT&T get to the investment levels that Verizon has and build out their networks. Until then, I will happily stay where I am.

Some plans even give you Apple Music included as well. I'm not going to say it is free, just built into the cost of the plan like Disney+ is.

Let me fix that for you. "Verizon isn't #1." No need for 'because'.

There are only 3 wireless carriers. They are all the best. And, um, Verizon does have crappy service, often cited as being the worst customer service of all of them. As far as signal goes they will be the first to tell you they have the most coverage - but these days no one really believes that claim. That said, most people don't travel to exotic location, and the nearly 50% markup isn't worth it for those same most people just to have a higher likelihood of service. Not guaranteed service mind you, but a higher chance of completing the call.

Also, lets not be mislead by using MSRP to establish the value of a "free" service. Verizon likely paid pennies, if anything, to offer a free year subscription. It's an ad for Disney. A way to get people talking about how many subscribers they have.

Get back to me when Disney announces how many paying customers they have after "free" customers are taken out of that equation. Oh wait, they wont. Because just like T-Mobile Tuesday it's just an ad disguised as an exclusive offer. A free vacation as long as you spend your weekend sitting in time-share pitches.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2014
only air is free brother. Verizon is overcharging you on your wireless plan anyway.

Don't have Verizon (ATT from a long time back). Just wondering why you say Verizon is overcharging for wireless? Compared to what?

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2014
Verizon is usually the highest amongst the carriers.
I don't think that's the definition of "over charging". If it was, that would mean ANY company that charged over 1 penny more than other companies was guilty of over charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.