Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which life path are you going to choose?

• Total voters

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Wanted to share that the game is being pushed back from september to november 19th and noticed there is no Cyberpunk 2077 topic! So time to start one, but sadly with some bad news...

So who's looking forward to this game? What platform will you play it on?

=============

Moderator Note from @Weaselboy :

With @BlankStar's blessing, I merged in a thread by @MisterSavage that added a poll to the top of this thread. See @MisterSavage's post here (excerpted below) explaining the poll.

What life path are you going to choose and why? Votes are visible to the public and can be changed. Please don't post story spoilers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Wanted to share that the game is being pushed back from september to november 19th and noticed there is no Cyberpunk 2077 topic! So time to start one, but sadly with some bad news...

So who's looking forward to this game? What platform will you play it on?

You know, I’m not disappointed at all that it’s pushed to November after its initial September launch (I have an absurd amount of backlog games, the TLOUS2 to start today, and then of course ‘Ghosts of Tsushima’ in July.. But I do think it’s really interesting that Cyberpunk is now delayed when they make the announcement one day before the THLOUS2 launches. I don’t think there’s any correlation, but it’s almost like they are trying to steal some of the media when this game is trying to make headlines.

I don’t know which console I will choose for Cyberpunk, but this point, I think I’m more interested in the actual game itself versus which console I play it on.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I'm thinking of cancelling my physical pre-order and wait for the PS5-version... If the rumors are true, this game is now releasing one day before the PS5...

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
CDProjektRed Release a whole slough of new content for viewing the latest being a 25 minute reel, must be their way of trying to apologize for the third time delaying the game.😁

[Oh, I caution maybe watching this if you Appreciate the element of surprise, as this does start to divulge too much information from standpoint.]

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
oh, and while it was mentioned in the "what game are you playing"-topic; you can buy the current Gen version and get a free upgrade for the next Gen. So my pre-order for the PS4-version needs no cancelling.

Watched the video and I really like what I'm seeing!

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
@BlankStar is one of these people. :(

Seriously though I don't have a problem with this. Witcher 3 took me over 6 months to finish the main game.

I started the game and then they tweeted there will be a free PS5 upgrade! The irony is that I started Spider-Man instead which will get a remastered PS5 version. *sigh*

But I promise I'll get back to it on the PS5 ;-)

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I started the game and then they tweeted there will be a free PS5 upgrade! The irony is that I started Spider-Man instead which will get a remastered PS5 version. *sigh*

But I promise I'll get back to it on the PS5 ;-)

Ok, full disclosure. I didn't finish Spider-Man (yet).

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Ok, full disclosure. I didn't finish Spider-Man (yet).
I'm starting to think The Witcher 3 is the only game you ever finished, that's why you're so passionate about it ;-)

I'm at 63% of the story atm, but I always do all the side-quests before continuing the main story. Really loving the combat since I'm starting to get the hang of it (hang of, spider-man, get it?) and I'm really playing around with groups of bad guys, taking their weapons, throwing them around, etc. Brings back the joys of Ghost of Tsushima combat (must say timing was way more important in GoT and ofc it's more refined)

And suddenly I realise that I haven't watched the 2nd and 3th Episode of the Cyberpunk series on youtube. Nightcity live or whatever it's called.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
And suddenly I realise that I haven't watched the 2nd and 3th Episode of the Cyberpunk series on youtube. Nightcity live or whatever it's called.

I wish the "gameplay" videos showed significant gameplay, but it was cool seeing all the different gangs that are in Night City.

I'm starting to think The Witcher 3 is the only game you ever finished, that's why you're so passionate about it ;-)

No you didn't.

• Haha
Reactions: BlankStar

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So I’m subscribed to CDPR YouTube channel, and they just put out a slew of new videos, and what I decided to do, is not watch any of them (As I have in the past), I totally want to be immersed in this game without knowing what to do and how to do it, and I think a lot of these 10 minute demo reel videos they’re putting out, is divulging way too much information, but I realize it’s marketing schemes to gain hype, but I would rather be the element of surprise come November.

Erehy Dobon

Suspended
Feb 16, 2018
No service
I will play this on a Windows PC but I will wait at least six months before I purchase it. I already have a backlog of other games anyhow.

Worse, the Cyperpunk 2077 team has just been ordered to do crunch time, basically the Bataan Death March. There is no chance in hell this game will be polished on launch day.

Waiting six months will allow for a bunch of patches to fix the most egregious bugs.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Annnnnnnd.....delayed again. So much for my release day copy on the 19th.

They might as well delay the launch until Jan/Feb.

Releasing the game on the 10th of December is a big mistake. Just like for every big game, bug discoveries in the first two weeks are inevitable. You can’t expect staff to race against clock with bug fixing just a few days before Christmas.

Game development will be easier once studios don’t have to develop for the PS4 and Xbox one.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I don't remember every seeing a game that the developer announced as having gone gold be delayed again.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
CyberPunk 2077 release dates in 2020;
April 16 (196 days ago)
September 17 (42 days ago)
November 19 (23 more days)
December 10 (44 more days)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
They might as well delay the launch until Jan/Feb.

Releasing the game on the 10th of December is a big mistake. Just like for every big game, bug discoveries in the first two weeks are inevitable. You can’t expect staff to race against clock with bug fixing just a few days before Christmas.

Game development will be easier once studios don’t have to develop for the PS4 and Xbox one.
Well, I still think it’s pivotal that they release before the holidays, even though I think this is almost pushing too far with just a few weeks before Christmas. Either way, the amount of delays has been ridiculous. I understand they want to ‘polish’ and make this game perfect, [similar to how Rockstar treats their delays], but they know themselves they’re hyping the game on purpose, but now they are over hyping it. I have a lot of respect for CDPR, but come on, let’s pick a date, and execute what they need to to get this game released when they said it was for the 19th.

The thing of it is, they know as many times as they push delays, it’s not gonna affect their sales, because there’s nothing else that will compare with the amount of detail and uniqueness CyberPunk will offer. So the advantage is always in their court, but it’s annoying to the gamer at a minimum.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
The thing of it is, they know as many times as they push delays, it’s not gonna affect their sales, because there’s nothing else that will compare with the amount of detail and uniqueness CyberPunk will offer. So the advantage is always in their court, but it’s annoying to the gamer at a minimum.
Exactly. GTA6 is not on the near horizon which allows Cyberpunk generous breathing space.

Releasing the game will enable to team to exhale and allow the public to raise any bugs or enhancement suggestions that haven't been raised in the closed beta participated by journalists, vloggers and Xbox/ps5 insiders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.