Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which life path are you going to choose?

• Total voters

samirad

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2020
I'm hyped
The first time I've seen the quick video of cyberpunk I was hooked. I have waited soooo long for this game and I cannot wait. I like futuristic environments and cybernetic stuff etc.

Reactions: Macalicious2011

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I'm hyped
The first time I've seen the quick video of cyberpunk I was hooked. I have waited soooo long for this game and I cannot wait. I like futuristic environments and cybernetic stuff etc.
It's a shame that the full next gen upgrade won't be available until sometimes next year.

I will subscribe to gamepass but Cyberpunk will likely be one of the very handful of games that I will buy. My plan is to buy the disc version for Series X, once done with the game, sell it and put the cash towards the next GTA.

It will be a nice game that can play casually in the lounge with my partner listening to the dialogues. FPS games on the other hand, will be played anti socially with headphones upstairs in the office.

Reactions: samirad

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
They better release it this year, or I can 'celebrate' the anniversary of my pre-order...
I have read notes from the recent investors call and the delay has been caused by optimisation and bug fixes for the ps4 and Xbox One versions.

Apparently the next gen and PC versions are finished and run fine. However a combined 150m ps4 and Xbox One have been sold.

Therefore its business critical that the current gen version runs very well as owners of those consoles will account for a lion's share of sales.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I'm sure they have their reasons, or they wouldn't delay it again, but it still kinda sucks :-(

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
And....

Exactly one month, CyberPunk2077 will finally be here. No more delays, no more excuses, it’s finally becoming a reality with over seven years of work will Have the official copy released.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I am hyped and will pre order the disc version of game in the next week or two.

Hopefully Microsoft azure server will be capable of handling the epic number of xbox one and series owners who will download the day 1 update.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
The game play footage released yesterday looks very good.

However I am worried and curious about what the game will look like on the base ps4 and Xbox One S. I reckon they will run the game at 720-1080 with stark graphical compromises.

If I owned one of those consoles, I would hold off preordering until there is console specific gameplay.

Higher end PCs might benefit from options like being able to increase crowd levels.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Holy Balls, CDPR Just dropped a whole slew of background videos on the characters, dialogue, soundtrack, inside gameplay, etc, all on YouTube today. I didn’t watch any of it, because there’s so much I want to be immersed in, and I don’t want to be informed anymore than I already am. I love these developers who put so much work into these titles [That literally take almost a decade of pre-planning, pure development and final production Phases], but they give away way too many plot points, when the gamer should experience this for themself.

December 10 is almost here. And yes, you’d better believe my copy will be at my front doorstep by noon.😁

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
December 10 is almost here. And yes, you’d better believe my copy will be at my front doorstep by noon.
Previews are very promising! However there are visual bugs.

Therefore I will hold of buying it for 2-3 weeks. Most big open world games are nowadays released as open betas that allow gamers with fresh eyes to unpick bugs and missing features.

This has not been part or the development process for Cyberpunk. Given how amazing the game will likely be, I would rather wait to play it without any technical distractions or limitations.

Reviews and metacritic score should be available a week before the 10th.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I was gonna tell myself I’d hold off till the PS5 version came out, but that ain’t happening. I can’t wait to play this!

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Holy Balls, CDPR Just dropped a whole slew of background videos on the characters, dialogue, soundtrack, inside gameplay, etc, all on YouTube today. I didn’t watch any of it, because there’s so much I want to be immersed in, and I don’t want to be informed anymore than I already am. I love these developers who put so much work into these titles [That literally take almost a decade of pre-planning, pure development and final production Phases], but they give away way too many plot points, when the gamer should experience this for themself.

December 10 is almost here. And yes, you’d better believe my copy will be at my front doorstep by noon.?

I couldn't resist and watched (and re-watched) every second of it. Looks incredible.

I was gonna tell myself I’d hold off till the PS5 version came out, but that ain’t happening. I can’t wait to play this!

I tried for about a millisecond to convince myself that maybe waiting for the PS5 upgrade next year would be better. Not happening and I'll enjoy it for my second play-through. Gotta see what those different origins are like anyway!

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I was gonna tell myself I’d hold off till the PS5 version came out, but that ain’t happening.
I wouldn't expect the next gen version in Q1 2021. Post-launch the priority will likely be bug fixing and accelerating development of the multiplayer version with in-game purchases.

Last edited:

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
In Night City Wire they said 2021 but obviously that can change.
2021 is correct. I forgot to write in Q1 2021. The problem with holding off buying the game is that it will be talked about everywhere!

It's been interesting to read that it's more of an RPG game than a batsh*t crazy action game like GTA.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
With the upcoming release date, I started my new editing(content creation)/gaming rig because of this game. I pretty much have all my parts... I just picked up a RTX 3090 at Micro Center on Wed for that Ray Tracing goodness... just need my Ryzen 5900x CPU which should be delivered next week. Plenty of time to finish my build before December 9th Steams release date. Pretty hyped from the recent gameplay trailer video. Sorry for taking it here... but no threads on Cyberpunk 2077 PC gaming forum... I do game on consoles too... mainly exclusives.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
With the upcoming release date, I started my new editing(content creation)/gaming rig because of this game. I pretty much have all my parts... I just picked up a RTX 3090 at Micro Center on Wed for that Ray Tracing goodness... just need my Ryzen 5900x CPU which should be delivered next week. Plenty of time to finish my build before December 9th Steams release date. Pretty hyped from the recent gameplay trailer video. Sorry for taking it here... but no threads on Cyberpunk 2077 PC gaming forum... I do game on consoles too... mainly exclusives.
I think the PC version will look stunning. Possibly with an option to add more people on the street.

Have you bought a 750watt power supply for the card?

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
^^
That video is epic. The fomo in me just multiplied by 10. This game will be one hell of a reality escape from covid.

However, having just rewatched console gameplay, I think RTX will be PC only until they launch the next gen upgrade.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
^^
That video is epic. The fomo in me just multiplied by 10. This game will be one hell of a reality escape from covid.

However, having just rewatched console gameplay, I think RTX will be PC only until they launch the next gen upgrade.

I kept trying to tell myself it's not going to look that good when I play it. They're going to release a PS5/PS4 video like they did for the Xbox one soon supposedly.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I kept trying to tell myself it's not going to look that good when I play it.
Now that we know that the studio has worked closely with Nvidia on supporting DLSS 2.0 and RTX, it's clear that the PC game will look mind blowing.

Similar graphics will hopefully be possible on Series X once they release a next gen variant capable of taking advantage of the velocity architecture, the SSD and only rendering what's in view.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I think the PC version will look stunning. Possibly with an option to add more people on the street.

Have you bought a 750watt power supply for the card?
Reusing my Corsair AX 1200i from last build... pretty much the only thing I'm recycling on this build... including my braided cable extensions.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.