Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which life path are you going to choose?

• Total voters

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I wonder when the next-gen patch will be released in relation to the DLC. @BlankStar doesn't know this but each of the Witcher 3 DLC chapters was as big as some standalone games.
Given how long CD have developed the game, I think the game could have a 6-8 year lifespan with story or world expansion.

It will be interesting to see what multiplayer will be like and if they add other non-story campaign modes.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Finished my build... got my RGB themed to Cyberpunk colors, downloaded Steam... and pre-ordered.

pcrig2020.gif

Since there is driving in the game, I think I'm going to play on a Controller or a combination of both... 10 Days Left!!!!

Last edited:

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Finished my build... got my RGB themed to Cyberpunk colors, downloaded Steam... and pre-ordered.

cb2077rtx3090.jpg

Since there is driving in the game, I think I'm going to play on a Controller or a combination of both... 10 Days Left!!!!
Looks great!!

Reactions: erayser

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Physical copy of Cyberpunk for my Series X has now been ordered!

Cost £44 including free shipping a 10% discount from currys.

Looking forward to receiving the disc in the morning and downloading the launch day update while I am working.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I almost always get physical copies but I keep going back and forth about cancelling my preorder and going digital this time. Being able to play at midnight is so tempting. Packages don't usually arrive until late afternoon and I have some commitments then. Plus I'd have to download a huge patch when I got it. I played Witcher 3 for over 6 months and I expect this to be at least as long. It would give my disc drive a break! :D

• Haha
Reactions: BlankStar

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I just got a mail from my online reseller asking if I'm ready to venture into night city and that they're going to send out copies a little bit early so we're close to sure we'd get our copy on the release day. Must say I really like this gesture and the fact they send a custom email. (and not some generic "your package blah blah" mail)

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I just got a mail from my online reseller asking if I'm ready to venture into night city and that they're going to send out copies a little bit early so we're close to sure we'd get our copy on the release day. Must say I really like this gesture and the fact they send a custom email. (and not some generic "your package blah blah" mail)
It's better for retailers to "accidentally" send out copies early than risk bad press from gamers who don't receive their copy on launch day.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
It's better for retailers to "accidentally" send out copies early than risk bad press from gamers who don't receive their copy on launch day.
Yeah, and I don't mind them doing it at all! Had my copy of Final fantasy 7 Remake 5 days early from the same reseller. They've made me one loyal customer for physical pre-orders.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I watched a YT video last night on early releases in different time zones... but it was on download times... not physical copies.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Brace yourselves for the Cyberpunk hype train of Dedember. Basically the game will be advertised everywhere.

One big dissapointment with the game is that you won't see your highly customised character anywhere but in the inventory list or just a bit when driving a vehicle.

I hope that "phase 2" of the launch next year will include either:

-A 3rd party view mode.
-Additional cut scenes with the character in view.
-Ray traced reflection in puddles or shop front of the your character.

5DBFF3E9-3E21-46B7-B8E6-D4EA2A6395E2.jpeg

75EF0CC2-C39F-4AB1-B3CB-CDCB43A773FD.jpeg

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I caved and cancelled my pre-order. The temptation to buy digitally and play on launch morning was too much.
I will be working on Thursday the 10th so it doesn't matter whether I buy digital or physical, I won't play until the kids are down for bed at 1930.

I also have two retailers within 10min of my house where I can buy the game from should my physical copy be delayed.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I'm confused on times mentioned on that article where it said... Projekt (cyberpunk2077game) tweeted:
"This is why we kindly ask you not to stream/let's play, or release any similar content before 9th December, 12pm CET/ 3am PST."
So they are releasing in Central Europe at 12pm (afternoon) on the 9th? which is actually 3pm PST on the 8th... lol

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I'm confused on times mentioned on that article where it said... Projekt (cyberpunk2077game) tweeted:

So they are releasing in Central Europe at 12pm (afternoon) on the 9th? which is actually 3pm PST on the 8th... lol
Some reviewers and streamers are going to get the game early. I think that date is when they're ok with content being shown, not when the game will be released.

I've read some people say that the Witcher 3 was a global release (release to everyone at midnight CET). Since midnight CET is several hours ahead of the USA apparently that meant people in the USA were able to play it the night before the release date. My countdown clock on my PS5 is showing midnight EST but I'm crossing my fingers that changes.

Reactions: erayser

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Well crap.

"For PC and Stadia players, the release is simultaneous and scheduled for midnight GMT, and for all console players – midnight local time."

Reactions: Macalicious2011

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Well crap.

"For PC and Stadia players, the release is simultaneous and scheduled for midnight GMT, and for all console players – midnight local time."
Not nice for console players hoping to play in the evening or the 9th.

I just bought a physical Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition with a boat load of extra DLC for just £11 on Amazon. ? ? ?

However I won't play it until the next gen upgrade with ray tracing, visual updates and faster load times.

When that launch, I think the price of the game will go up. This is a good time to pick the game up to "save for later".

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Not nice for console players hoping to play in the evening or the 9th.

I just bought a physical Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition with a boat load of extra DLC for just £11 on Amazon. ? ? ?

However I won't play it until the next gen upgrade with ray tracing, visual updates and faster load times.

When that launch, I think the price of the game will go up. This is a good time to pick the game up to "save for later".

It's a fantastic game and a big reason why I'm excited for Cyberpunk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.