Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which life path are you going to choose?

• Total voters

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I think "action RPG" covers it. I'm really convincing myself to wait for the PS5 patch, but those videos they've been posting are really tempting... That game looks so damn awesome...

Reactions: Donfor39

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I think "action RPG" covers it. I'm really convincing myself to wait for the PS5 patch, but those videos they've been posting are really tempting... That game looks so damn awesome...
There endless number of video recording reviews, threads, articles and memes. Waiting will be hard.

Given how long they have worked on the game, the multiplayer version and inevitable expansions will offer plenty of opportunity to re-experience the game once the next gen patch has arrived.

Hopefully the studio will release a short technical showcase for the next gen patch. This will help people decide whether or not to wait.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Oh this is going to be fun. *evil grin*

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Today I have watched a couple of reviews of the game and think it will be the ultimate mental escapism from covid and lockdown. ??

Without giving spoilers here are a few interesting points that I have observed.

1. It's an RPG game and not a GTA rival. Think more quests and gradual acquisition of skills than missions and wildwils wear shooting.

Shooting and car chases are secondary to the slow burning role play.

2. It's a show burner. Journalists played 15-16 hours but feel like they only just go into the game with plenty left to experience.

3. A few different life choices are avaliable at the beginning of the game. However their paths will also vary based on the decision you have in the game and your dialogue choices.

Basically it's a game that you can play more than once and have a completely different story or perspective compared with the first time!

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
@Macalicious2011 I've tried watching the journalists reviews, but all the talking sounds like blah blah blah to me... half listening in case of spoilers.... so thank you for the summary. I've been trying to avoid Cyberpunk vids now because of the early copy leaks. I can understand why some are considering not waiting for the PS5 update patch. Leaks are bad enough, but the vids and talking after release will be tough to avoid.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I can understand why some are considering not waiting for the PS5 update patch.
To be honest it might not be worth waiting for the path. What are people waiting for?

RTX: The implementation could be as weak as it is in COD Coldwar in which the difference between RTX off or now is barely noticeable.

Unlike the wet and reflective world of Watchdogs legions, Cyberpunk is dominated by matte surfaces. Therfore the effect of RTX will me negligible.

120fps: This could be an option but is necessary for a slow paced RPG?

Other next gen improvements could be faster loading times and support for quick resume but I don't think that they will be detrimental to the gameplay.

CD Projekt red has already said that, from day one, the game will run better on next gen console than current gen.

That's good enough for me to buy the game. Let's be honest, the game won't look better on next gen console than PCs with Nvidia RTX with ray tracing and DLSS enabled.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
It's an RPG game. Yes there are guns and cars but you can also complete some missions without firing and shooting every 15 seconds.

I was very relieved to hear this. When I played Deus Ex I was a "crawl in the air ducts and hack your security system" type of player instead of a "run and gun".

2. It's a slow burner. Journalists played 15-16 hours but feel like they only just go into the game with plenty left to experience.

One person said it was 6-7 hours before the opening "Cyberpunk 2077" logo was presented!!

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
To be honest it might not be worth waiting for the path. What are people waiting for?

RTX: The implementation could be as weak as it is in COD Coldwar in which the difference between RTX off or now is barely noticeable.

Unlike the wet and reflective world of Watchdogs legions, Cyberpunk is dominated by matte surfaces. Therfore the effect of RTX will me negligible.

120fps: This could be an option but is necessary for a slow paced RPG?

Other next gen improvements could be faster loading times and support for quick resume but I don't think that they will be detrimental to the gameplay.

CD Projekt red has already said that, from day one, the game will run better on next gen console than current gen.

That's good enough for me to buy the game. Let's be honest, the game won't look better on next gen console than PCs with Nvidia RTX with ray tracing and DLSS enabled.

As long as it runs in boost mode I’ll be content. No need to wait for a PS5 remaster imo.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
PS4 Pro and PS5 gameplay has now been released.

It looks good and framerste looks stable during the car chase on PS5. Graphically it's artistically beautiful.

The next gen update will likely include muddles and "wetter looking" rain with ray traced reflections.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Great... more gameplay footage... thanks! LOL... looks great on the PS5... it can only get better after the update. Now, where should I pre order... Steam or Gog? Leaning Steam since their release date is the 9th.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Great... more gameplay footage... thanks! LOL... looks great on the PS5... it can only get better after the update. Now, where should I pre order... Steam or Gog? Leaning Steam since their release date is the 9th.
Does steam allow pre-downloading on the 9th?

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I'm dying to play this game and thought this would be a fun way to talk about it. The only way to create a poll was to create a new thread.

What life path are you going to choose and why? Votes are visible to the public and can be changed. Please don't post story spoilers!

• Nomad - “Roaming the Badlands, looting scrapyards, raiding fuel depots – life on the road wasn’t easy. But growing up in a nomad clan has its perks. Honesty, integrity, and a love of freedom – qualities that few in Night City possess, and no amount of money can buy.”
  • Street kid - “They say if you wanna understand the streets, you gotta live ’em. Gongs, fixers, dolls, small-time pushers – you were raised by them all. Down here the law of the jungle dictates the weak serve the strong – the only law in Night City you have yet to break.”
  • Corpo - “Few leave the corporate world with their loves – fewer still with their souls intact. You’ve been there – you’ve bent the rules, exploited secrets, and weaponized information. There’s no such thing as a fair game, only winners and losers.”

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
For me I was initially 100% Corpo. I ended up watching the E3 2019 trailer so much that it became how I thought of "V". I just don't get a "corpo" vibe from him. For me I'm thinking this male nomad V for my first play-through and female corpo V for my second.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I know spoilers can be bad. However, this is such a big game that I don't mind learning about the game.

This will help me manage my expectations but also make an informed decision on what life path to choose.

I will likely start as a nomad as their world is beighter. I might even play tro life paths in parallel and switch between them when I feel like it.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I was frustrated that they kept delaying the game, now I realize from a tactical standpoint, it’s a brilliant move.They know that they are in the peak of the holidays and pushing the limits with this many ‘promo pieces’ has built up so much hype, the marketing is everywhere and is unavoidable. And I thought Rockstar was over saturating with RDR2 when that was released two years ago, and I can only imagine CDPR’s marketing budget is completely exhausted, but they own 2020 without a doubt for G-O-Y.

So am I buying into the hype? (Rhetorical) Well, see avatar.😁

Last edited:

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I was frustrated that they kept delaying the game, now I realize from a tactical standpoint, it’s a brilliant move.They know that they are in the peak of the holidays and pushing the limits with this many ‘promo pieces’ has built up so much hype, the marketing is everywhere and is unavoidable. And I thought Rockstar was over saturating with RDR2 when that was released two years ago, and I can only imagine CDPR’s marketing budget is completely exhausted, but they own 2020 without a doubt for G-O-Y.

So am I buying into the hype? (Rhetorical) Well, see avatar.?
The delayed launch date has worked out well. I don't think the timing could be any better.

Next gen consoles launched weeks ago and the hype is subsiding. The world is going into lockdown with Christmas holiday around the corner.

Last but not least, a new GTA is not on the horizon which gives CD immense breathing space to advertise the game.

Reactions: erayser

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I officially give up my intention of waiting for the PS5 patch. Will be playing on launch as a nomad, and the PS5 patch will be nice for a second play-through with one of the other options. (not sure yet which one, will make up my mind after playing the game when I know more)

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I officially give up my intention of waiting for the PS5 patch. Will be playing on launch as a nomad, and the PS5 patch will be nice for a second play-through with one of the other options. (not sure yet which one, will make up my mind after playing the game when I know more)
I knew we'd break you! I'm 100% going Corpo for second run right now.

The way I play Dishonored games is super stealth (no kills) on normal the first run and then "kill everything" on hard for the second run.

• Haha
Reactions: BlankStar

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I wonder when the next-gen patch will be released in relation to the DLC. @BlankStar doesn't know this but each of the Witcher 3 DLC chapters was as big as some standalone games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.