Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjh123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2016
Hi guys!!

So I dragged a file unknowingly into my trash as it was under a ton of pictures on my desktop. Cleared my trash. Realized that file was gone. I have two essays due this week that were in there, one of them due in 6 hours (its 2:30am my time). I have tried using Disk Drill Pro and M3 Data Recovery. I can literally not find the files. I have found way older ones even when I try to select "1 day deleted" etc. So many of the files are corrupt..

Is there really NO way to get them back? It was docx. files on El Capitan with the newest Word. If anyone could message me or help me. I am desperate here. I have tried everything and there's gotta be some way!!!

Evren Carven

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2014
In My Humble Opinion, if the docx. file is very important for you and you have tried several data recovery software without success. You'd better send your Mac to a data recovery service department in your local to seek help from a data recovery professional.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have two essays due this week that were in there, one of them due in 6 hours (its 2:30am my time).
I think at this point its too late. You'll not be able to restore the files before they're due and you tried your best shot for a timely restore with Data Rescue.

I hate to say this, but perhaps using Apple's Time Machine in the future, as it takes hourly backups. I know it doesn't help now, and that its aweful, I've been there done that myself, which is why I use TM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.