Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenb31

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2022
It's hard to say. I didn't dare to upgrade to Ventura yet, so I'm not able to check. But what is your connection type?
I´m connected via USB-C to Thunderbolt. It looks like Apple removed the feature to change the fps.

kenb31

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2022
That’s weird. What is the reason for that? Do you have Data Transfer priority or Video for USB-C?
I already switched the setting with no result. It shouldn't matter anyway because MacBooks Pros since 2018 support DisplayPort 1.4

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2019
I got two of this, the second one I needed to replace 4 times. I did receive a new one on the warranty from dell and I did keep my old one until I did receive the new one.
The service was great!

The replacement that did work was a referbished display but the funny thing is that the display was not referbished it was the other things inside like the cables.
Dell puts label on all the things that are referbished inside the referbished box.

Reactions: Mr. Jenkins

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2009
SC
Cable Matters: Intel Thunderbolt Certified] Cable Matters 40Gbps Active USB C Thunderbolt 4 Cable 2m with 100W Charging and 8K Video - Universally Compatible with USB-C, USB4, and Thunderbolt 3 (New)
Link?

Do these work with the S2722QC? I need a 6’ cable.

grator

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2015
France
Hi!
Did this happened to someone? It looks like the right "local dimming" zone stays to 100% brightness, no matter which brightness is set, on any input.
I received it yesterday and it happened around after around one hour of use.

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 342
  • Wow
Reactions: miric

Moeh

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2022
I got this monitor a couple days ago and it seems that the USB hub is not active when no laptop is connected? Is that right? This means that for instance I cannot charge my iPhone without also connecting my laptop. Do you guys have the same issue?

I was hoping to get rid of all of my charging cables on my desk and charge all devices through the screen, however, I don't always have my laptop connected so this is pretty annoying.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
Should I buy the Dell 27” Ultrasharp or the Apple Studio Monitor.

Seems both monitors have their issues, so it is hard for me to pick.

resolutiontime

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2015
I just bought a LG 32UN880-B 4K UHD from Costco for $500. Using it now. Didn't see this thread.. Either of these Dell monitor that much of an upgrade over the LG 4K 32" Ergo monitor?

I prefer the brighter screen on the Dell of course, but any other reason to return the LG Ergo?

Degrader

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2022

macgo

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2022
Guys, seriously need your help on brainstorming what can be causing my issue:

1. The display turns black for a second when I come back to my desk, after being away for a few minutes. This is not always, but most of the times. Just as I sit on my chair, I see the screen blacks out for a second, then goes back to normal.
2. The display never turns black when I am sitting at my desk and working.

The QUESTION IS - what can be causing the display to black out at the moment I am coming back to my desk.
Could it be some sort of magnetic interference with my body?
I am seriously without a clue.
Please help with ideas what can be causing this.
As far as I know there are no proximity sensors on this display, nor are there any proximity sensors on my two computers I am using this display with - a Mac Pro 2013 and a Mac mini M1.
I registered just to reply to you as I’ve experienced the same issue for a different monitor in the past. This could be EMI from a gas lift office chair.

• Love
Reactions: vddobrev

vddobrev

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Haskovo, Bulgaria
I registered just to reply to you as I’ve experienced the same issue for a different monitor in the past. This could be EMI from a gas lift office chair.

Wow! Thank you so much. That is exactly what is happening, just as in that video. Many times, I tried to approach the desk and sit carefully on my chair... but as soon as I roll it a bit, the screen will blank! Also happening when just roll the chair a bit while sitting.
Thanks, anomaly explained. I will try to put a magnet around the cable and see what happens.

grator

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2015
France
Hello,

Juste received a new 3223. Calibration results are pretty good, but the overall panel uniformity is really bad sadly. The lower left part of the screen looks a lot colder/bluer than the rest of the screen. It's confirmed by the test chart.

That's disappointing considering this is the fourth unit I received:
1. 2 dead pixels and terrible backlight bleed (rev A00)
2. 3 dead pixels (rev A00)
3. the extreme right dimming zone was constantly set to 100%, even with the brightness setting at 0 in the menu, and not great backlight bleeding (rev A01)
4. bad panel uniformity, and some backlight bleed (but acceptable) (rev A01)

I don't really know what to do now.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-11-17 à 17.09.17.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-11-17 à 17.09.17.png
    475.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Capture d’écran 2022-11-17 à 17.10.24.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-11-17 à 17.10.24.png
    895 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: ivendu

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2019
Hello,

Juste received a new 3223. Calibration results are pretty good, but the overall panel uniformity is really bad sadly. The lower left part of the screen looks a lot colder/bluer than the rest of the screen. It's confirmed by the test chart.

3. the extreme right dimming zone was constantly set to 100%, even with the brightness setting at 0 in the menu, and not great backlight bleeding (rev A01)

Can you see it with your eye? If yes open warranty case with dell and replace it

grator

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2015
France
Yes, it’s the first thing I saw when I turned it on for the first time.
I will contact Dell and see what they can do.

resolutiontime

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2015
Hello,

Contact Dell? I would return it if it bothers you. Btw, the 3223Q 144hz, version of this is on sale for $599. Just placed an order.

dilinger

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2016
Does anybody know if i can put an LG monitor desktop stand to my Dell U3223QE ??
I got space issue and the Dell Stand is too tall, whereas LG is telescopic.

Thanks!

Kronnic

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2023
I had a U2723QE delivered yesterday and connected it to my 2020 Intel MBP. As pointed out in this thread, I had to change the usb c mode to get 4k at 60hz. Compared to my S2721DS, the text is incredibly sharp scaled to 1440p.

I am questioning whether I should gone with the 32, but am concerned about the reduction in the ppi. Anyone picked up the 27 and upgraded to the 32?

Mac Hammer Fan

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
I have the Dell U3223 QE and the text is really sharp in my opinion. I use 3360 x1890 scaling. (PPI 122)
The only issue I have is occasionally flickering (not often, sometimes once a day sometimes less). It seems to be software related, because the flickering stops when I close a white window. The Dell is connected to a Mac Studio with Usb-c and to a MacPro 5,1 with the display port cable. The flickering is only on the Mac Studio, not the MacPro.

lankox

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
I have been using the Dell 3223QE for several weeks with my 14" M1 Max and it has been a real treat. Absolutely no issues whatsoever. The display brightness is certainly greater than 400 nits. Coming from the LG 27" Ultrafine, I find only a slight reduction in sharpness, and the Dell is actually brighter than the LG.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.