Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Completely agree. I can't even read the front page article discussions anymore. It's rabid anti Apple and anti AVP comments that are a complete waste of time. And let's not forget the jokes. Like "is Safari snappier" and "something -gate". Intelligent discussion simply isn't possible anymore. And these other forums, like this one, are similarly being infiltrated by hate.
At least it's been awhile since I've seen a "Powerbook G5 Tuesday" post.

Reactions: Polinsky

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
I stopped commenting about Vision Pro on this specific site because you can’t talk about it without someone being a jackass. That’s pretty much every topic on this forum honestly, but especially AVP.

This is not a good place to just “discuss” things. You have to constantly defend yourself from trolls.
Not a Vision Pro owner but I’ve found this to be true and getting exponentially worse since around November. The combination of the Vision Pro and all of the EU stuff I think really kicked off the modern toxicity, but it’s to the point where I rarely even check the comments on news posts. I’m not an “old” user but for a while this was probably one of my favorite sites for discussion on the internet… now, not so much…

I wonder if things here were similarly bad around the iPod/iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch launch days…

Reactions: G5isAlive

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Not a Vision Pro owner but I’ve found this to be true and getting exponentially worse since around November. The combination of the Vision Pro and all of the EU stuff I think really kicked off the modern toxicity, but it’s to the point where I rarely even check the comments on news posts. I’m not an “old” user but for a while this was probably one of my favorite sites for discussion on the internet… now, not so much…

I wonder if things here were similarly bad around the iPod/iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch launch days…
It was not as bad but pretty close, especially with Apple Watch being Tim Cook’s first big product launch.

Reactions: G5isAlive

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I had a mission to watch all the movies in my library that had been converted to 3D and all the 3D Star Wars content on Disney+ and maybe Avatar 2 all on my Vision Pro.

I decided to start with Avatar 2 and had to watch it in 30 minute chunks because it kept giving me eye strain and bad headaches. However, I found that if I started feeling eye strain and just took the headset off for the day, I could start all over the next day with no problem.

After about 2 weeks, I had no more eye strain or headaches no matter how long I wear it. I have watched my entire list of 3D movies I wanted to watch, ending with Bladerunner: 2049 yesterday. Most of them I watched straight through without stopping unless I was interrupted by something. I can also work at my Mac all day using the Vision Pro without any problem at all. I put my Mac desktop in the center and all my other apps all around it so they're just a glance away. It's wonderful, and it makes my work day go so much faster.

These days I will reach for my Vision Pro before my Mac, iPad, or iPhone if I'm just hanging around the house looking for something to do. I'm more convinced than ever that wearables and screens that just materialize in front of you when needed are the future.

Reactions: Ghost31
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.