Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Sounds like a MacBook with the bad plastic.

the failure of magic erasers to work on the plastic of white, core duo macbooks was very well documented. They had a kind of yellow staining problem unlike the typical dirt that you saw on ibook handrests. Having gone black with my second MB, I don't know if the white ones still have that problem. I would hope apple changed the plastic they used.

computergeek

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2008
Is it easy to take off the Moshi Palmguard when u want to re-place it and is there anywheres else that sells this product?

Thanks
Computergeek:apple:

marvel2

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
smudges?

I plan on buying one for my siblings' white macbook and one for myself on my black macbook.

How do smudges or fingerprints show on the black moshi palmguard? Is the moshi palmguard as susceptible to smudges or fingerprints as the regular palmrest?

computergeek

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2008
When u remove this does anybody know if it leaves any sticky residue behind.....a friend had the malware version of this and when he removed it, it left a bunch of sticky residue that was hard to get off....

thanks
Computergeek

rwskemer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I just installed the Moshi Palmguard yesterday and I must say I'm very pleased with it. Feels great on the palms when you type, looks great, the MacBook even feels better when the lid is closed. I did not use the clean protective coating for the trackpad. And no sticky residue if pulled off, at least after a minute of being on. I had to make a slight adjustment after I first put it on.

And on a side note, the Magic Eraser worked great for me as well. I'd recommend that to everyone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.