Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entfla

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Minigore HD I find it pretty boring. Does it get any better?
Btw Love plz v zombies

smotheredhope

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2009
Zinio for me even tho it's free much of the content cost $. It's the worst App I have ever used. It's going to give Magazines a bad name.

Really? Why? I got it and I grabbed a couple cinco de mayo 5.00 subscriptions and I am liking it just fine. Once they realize that they can't charge full newsstand price for a digital version and the prices fall in line I think it will be a great app.

aaron580

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
I wish there was a tab button on the keyboard and that pages was better for outlining because thats how I take notes and I dont like the other notes apps ive found so Im still on the hunt...

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Really? Why? I got it and I grabbed a couple cinco de mayo 5.00 subscriptions and I am liking it just fine. Once they realize that they can't charge full newsstand price for a digital version and the prices fall in line I think it will be a great app.

I beg to differ but their subscription price is already excellent (in line with normal print subscription). Their app is actually rather clunky to use but looking at the iPhone app, they will probably improve it

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Are you seriously expecting magazines through Zinio to be free???
Yes Zinio's content need purchasing but it's very cheap to subscribe your magazine through Zinio as opposed to purchasing $4.99 per issues (eg: Times Magazine app)

I've been reading The Economist on Zinio and it's been great. $126.99 for 52 issues (~$2.50) is much better than paying $6.99 per issues

Agree. The pricing of the zenio digital magazine copies are very affordable. I have no issues with paying for electronic versions of the magazine.

How the app zinio itself is not as slick as it should be. I find it a little buggy. The magazines should load like the books in ibookstore. It also takes a few seconds for images to clear out. If they fix the app, zinio would attract much more attention

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6

Ok, I will try this again. The magazines are great, the prices are fine. The Zinio App itself is the worst App I've ever used and that would be why I originally posted in this thread. The title of the thread asked for Apps that have been disappointing to a user.

For me the App that stands out is Zinio. The App, not what is offers or the content.

The Zinio App performance is slow, sluggish and delayed among other things.

jeffy777

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
Magic Piano. I thought the songbook mode would be more of a challenge and maybe actually teach you a few tunes, but it's more of a gimmick than anything.

qtx43

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
Ok, I will try this again. The magazines are great, the prices are fine. The Zinio App itself is the worst App I've ever used ...
Don't worry, it's not you, it's them. Your first post was perfectly clear.

I've downloaded a couple of these free music apps, piano, drums. Even at free they're kind of a waste of time. Somebody mentioned being dissapointed in Goodreader, it's a great app for a few things, but if the iPad had come with a preview app for pdf's I wouldn't have paid 99 cents for it, but maybe I would have since you can organize your pdfs in directories.

Meljackson

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2009
Jigsaw touch. For 9.99 I thought I was getting something great but you can only make puzzles from you album and they are tiny pieces and it never made a puzzle with more than 15 pieces. Several times it made 4 piece puzzles! Waste of money.

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
Apps that I don't think we worth what I paid:

1. Pages - I've had iPad since launch and haven't used it once.

2. Air Sharing HD - Paid $10, it's worth maybe $5 because I don't need to print and I have GoodReader too. It does seem to display some file types better than Goodreader though.

3. Flight Control HD - Paid $5, it's worth maybe $2. The pace is too slow.

Apps that I think were worth more than I paid:

1. Air Video - Seeing how well it works and how often I use it, I'd probably have be been willing to pay $20 for it.

2. Pinball HD - Cost $2.99, I'd probably have paid $10 for it. I like the submarine table a lot.

3. MoodBoard - I got it for free from the code sharing board here but I think it's a great app. I like being able to drag my pictures around as if I had my own touchscreen table.

Apps that other people have commented on:

1. Magic Piano - I paid $2.99 for it and I still think it was worth it. A lot of it is gimmicky, but my baby daughter really likes playing with it.

2. Weather HD - I paid 99 cents for it, and I feel like I got my value worth. It's still my go-to app if I just want to check the current temperature and high/low temperatures because the rest of the weather apps are cluttered with a bunch of random information that they have to load.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I bought Pages for one reason, to invoice my hours in a document which includes my logo, my contact info, and a table I made in Pages' desktop version. I enter my daily hours and it calculates the total weekly hours and multiplies that by my hourly rate for a grand total.

Pages for the iPad "does not support forumlas".

:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.