Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
I’ve always viscerally hated this band between my dislike of high contrast black Nike perforations and that this looks like very hospital scrub blue but my lust for a deal and latent “gotta have em all” Nike compulsion has me feeling very weak
I generally prefer the black hole Nike bands (though they all look better with a black watch than my SS), and one of my favourites is Pure Platinum. Conversely I’m less of a fan of coloured holes - I almost hate Black / Volt and I’m entirely ‘meh’ about Hyper Grape.

I bought Teal Tint / Tropical Twist for exactly the reason you’re tempted by the Royal Pulse, and I force myself to wear it with a T-shirt that sort of matches (though my wife pointed out Cactus goes better with it, so that’s probably not going to happen again).

I really like Royal Pulse, but it’s a horrible colour to match with and I can only wear it with one T-shirt that isn’t a perfect match for it; it goes better with a sport band I have - Turquoise I think.

I’ve resisted Blue Orbit / Gamma Blue because it’s so “busy” with two bright colours, but Midnight Turquoise might have made me rethink that.

Also Spuce Fog / Vintage Lichen is a surprise favourite as I bought that more because it was available as new old stock for RRP than because I liked it.

Reactions: twanj

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I generally prefer the black hole Nike bands (though they all look better with a black watch than my SS), and one of my favourites is Pure Platinum. Conversely I’m less of a fan of coloured holes - I almost hate Black / Volt and I’m entirely ‘meh’ about Hyper Grape.

I bought Teal Tint / Tropical Twist for exactly the reason you’re tempted by the Royal Pulse, and I force myself to wear it with a T-shirt that sort of matches (though my wife pointed out Cactus goes better with it, so that’s probably not going to happen again).

I really like Royal Pulse, but it’s a horrible colour to match with and I can only wear it with one T-shirt that isn’t a perfect match for it; it goes better with a sport band I have - Turquoise I think.

I’ve resisted Blue Orbit / Gamma Blue because it’s so “busy” with two bright colours, but Midnight Turquoise might have made me rethink that.

Also Spuce Fog / Vintage Lichen is a surprise favourite as I bought that more because it was available as new old stock for RRP than because I liked it.
I looked and all the Nike royal pulse stuff is tennis...which at one time might have worked, but I’ll just save my shekels for these shoes in hyper crimson/neptune green.

Yes omg spruce fog/vintage lichen was such a great surprise when I got it out of season in both forms. As a fan of walnut and all the grays and green, it straddles all three. Can’t wait to have a mauve for my gold now instead of royal pulse.

Last edited:
Reactions: FenC

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I think $65 is the sweet spot for these fomo bands on eBay, both because chargerstore seems to live at $69/$79 and it feels just close enough to $49.

The seller hawking papaya band offered that below the usual $75 and I went for it. Now gotta hope for the same on cargo khaki and his papaya loop!

twanj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
I think $65 is the sweet spot for these fomo bands on eBay, both because chargerstore seems to live at $69/$79 and it feels just close enough to $49.

The seller hawking papaya band offered that below the usual $75 and I went for it. Now gotta hope for the same on cargo khaki and his papaya loop!

Cargo Khaki sport band? One just sold on ebay yesterday for $45.

If you set a watch list on ebay you can find deals.
Most bands I've found were somewhere between $25-50 (retail).

I didn't realize Papaya went for that much.

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
I paid a lot more than US$45 for my Cargo Khaki...

I have my eye on a few more colours, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger. I bought a 16" MBP last week, and went with the 8-core / 1TB SSD / upgrade graphics card off the shelf model. With NZ in total lockdown I can't sell the 2019 13" MBP it replaced yet, so my credit card is feeling red hot at the moment :D

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord

Can’t tell if papaya is in demand as an Hermesalike or just low supply because it was only around spring and summer. Just had to have it as an even more Flyers-y/mellow yellow sat level orange than my Hermes from CStore, which I like but just sent me back on the chase.

Yeah a redditor tipped me to that auction and I actually did my first ever live bidding rodeo and my 46 wasn’t enough, I think the winner had their max bid at 49 or I was just too slow...BUT it was used and if you lightened the poor photos, there was some grease around the pin, not a huge deal but worse on dark bands and who knows what else the photo was hiding. And I kinda want it in 38/40 anyway.

I’m searching khaki every few days, it’ll happen for me. Nice soothing trawl of eBay is fun after some grueling work screen time, especially nowadays ?

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Someone alerted me to a $29+5 shipping surf blue on Mercari, went for it and it knocked $10 off as a first time deal...no way it can be real right? The picture is a sealed box...maybe the seller knows supply is too high and just wants some fast cash and maybe didn’t pay full price? Will let you guys know

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
My fellow bandaholics, you really need to get on Mercari before it’s overrun with professional hawkers, the people on this site seem allergic to selling above msrp. Just got NIB violet dust for $50. I’m not even gonna bother giving an affiliate link because that’s gross haha

Fhotofaerie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2020
Ca

Me neither, I just scooped up a Papaya for about $20. Yay me.

Last edited:
Reactions: athousandbands
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.