Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chipsandsalsa

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2020
Seller added PP flakes 45, and high quantity
This seller is wild. They're all over the place. Some people can get a 25$ offer, some cant. Some bands went up in price and some now have shipping cost! Very funny tbh :)

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
First and last, I would like to thank @athousandbands for posting all these deals. I am about to post my very negative feedback about Poshmark, but this in no way diminishes athousandbands great contributions here. I think this is a terrif thread here on MR.

I do want to warn folks about buying on Poshmark.
I bought the watch referenced above on March 20th. I just got an email Poshmark (13 days after purchase), stating that the item failed the Poshmark Authentication process because the watch was locked.

Here are my issues with Poshmark.

1) There is no way to rate sellers in a way that other buyers can see your feedback. Bad sellers (which I ran into), can continue to be bad with no consequences.

2) Items over $500 (like this watch), must be sent to the Poshmark for Authentication. Then they send it to you. In my case the seller took 5 days to ship my item, then it took 8 more days for the item to go from Nevada to California (one state away). Poshmark uses the super slow usps advantage shipping. If my item had passed Authentifiaction, it still would have taken ~3 weeks to get my item.

3) You can't message sellers questions before purchase to clarify things. This is terrible. You can only message a seller AFTER you made the purchase. They may or may not answer.

In short, Poshmark sellers can be terrible, without consequences. The Poshmark shipping can be reallllyyy slowwww. Since you can't message sellers before the purchase, you have to buy blind. Poshmark may be ok for buying cheap bands, but I personally wouldn't buy anything pricy over $50 or anything where you knowing the condition of the item is important. I'll stick to MR, Ebay, Mercari, and Facebook (in-person).

Again, thanks to everyone posting deals. Despite wasting time with Poshmark on this deal, I think this is a terrific thread and I appreciate folks finding discounts for the group.

snapplecrisp

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2023
3) You can't message sellers questions before purchase to clarify things. This is terrible. You can only message a seller AFTER you made the purchase. They may or may not answer.

You can actually leave comments on the listings, or if you create a bundle. I do this frequently to ask for details, clarification, or explicit confirmation of important details (e.g., that a watch band is legit-from-Apple vs. Amazon). When I do, I always tag the seller so they get a direct notification. If they are responsive and I like their answers, I accept/make offers as appropriate. If I get radio silence, I move on.

Regardless, you’re totally right about Posh’s other policies; I’ve never bought a big ticket item, but that sounds like a real hassle.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
First and last, I would like to thank @athousandbands for posting all these deals. I am about to post my very negative feedback about Poshmark, but this in no way diminishes athousandbands great contributions here. I think this is a terrif thread here on MR.

I do want to warn folks about buying on Poshmark.
I bought the watch referenced above on March 20th. I just got an email Poshmark (13 days after purchase), stating that the item failed the Poshmark Authentication process because the watch was locked.

Here are my issues with Poshmark.

1) There is no way to rate sellers in a way that other buyers can see your feedback. Bad sellers (which I ran into), can continue to be bad with no consequences.

2) Items over $500 (like this watch), must be sent to the Poshmark for Authentication. Then they send it to you. In my case the seller took 5 days to ship my item, then it took 8 more days for the item to go from Nevada to California (one state away). Poshmark uses the super slow usps advantage shipping. If my item had passed Authentifiaction, it still would have taken ~3 weeks to get my item.

In short, Poshmark sellers can be terrible, without consequences. The Poshmark shipping can be reallllyyy slowwww. Since you can't message sellers before the purchase, you have to buy blind. Poshmark may be ok for buying cheap bands, but I personally wouldn't buy anything pricy over $50 or anything where you knowing the condition of the item is important. I'll stick to MR, Ebay, Mercari, and Facebook (in-person).

Again, thanks to everyone posting deals. Despite wasting time with Poshmark on this deal, I think this is a terrific thread and I appreciate folks finding discounts for the group.
Posh is maddeningly minimalist for sure. You can blame me for taking all your luck on that listing.

My SBSS8 got lost in a snowstorm last winter and eventually arrived a month later and was sealed and cheap. A Poshmark early January miracle it was. Alas I didn’t have much recourse for it being not in Apple’s system as sold…

Silicon Valley is a rot economy, through and through. These apps aren’t it.

See: the absurdly low priced Apple Vision or Hermes listings on Merc and Posh with the “ITS MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY CALL 310-867-5309 TO GET THIS ITEM FREE BLESS”

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.