Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Already sent my feedback on this some time ago. A mixed games section makes ZERO sense when what we look forward to are games that can be run natively on Mac.

There are already a gazillion sites devoted to Windows gaming; why does MR need to be another one of them?

"You have been living in a dream world, Neo."

Your precious little Mac is just a PC that comes with a distant flavor of FreeBSD pre-installed - and everybody knows that OS X sucks at gaming, especially since most ported games are inferior in quality and performance to their original versions.

In other words, gaming on a Mac still is synonymous with using Windows on Apple hardware.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
"You have been living in a dream world, Neo."

Your precious little Mac is just a PC that comes with a distant flavor of FreeBSD pre-installed - and everybody knows that OS X sucks at gaming, especially since most ported games are inferior in quality and performance to their original versions.

In other words, gaming on a Mac still is synonymous with using Windows on Apple hardware.

Irrelevant remark - as if OS X were the same as Windows or Linux now, just because it's a "distant" flavor of whatever.

I play ALL of my games on Mac without virtualization, boot camp or any such crap. And all of them are played with the highest-quality settings, including L4D2, The Witcher, TF2, Counter Strike GO and so on. If these are all "old" or "obsolete" for you, so be it - their servers are full of "leading edge Windows" players as we speak.

And EVEN if what you said were true, my point still stands - let us discuss the latest version of a Mac-native independent game or any other game for Mac in its dedicated section - after all, Marathon and Halo were created first on the Mac.

Conclusion: stop poisoning Mac gaming threads with Windows nonsense.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
I also loved the game! My only complaints that it wasn't long enough and that the benefits of not killing is just too high. I'd rather have a assassin game where I actually want to assassinate people. But still I'd give it a 8.5/10 if not a 9.

Renzatic

Suspended
Original poster
Conclusion: stop poisoning Mac gaming threads with Windows nonsense.

When I decided to post about the game, I saw that the title of the subforum did, in fact, include both Mac and PC games. I was completely unaware that I was violating the core tenants of some Mac purity movement by mentioning a game I enjoyed in a forum supposedly dedicated in part to the platform it's currently available for.

Or how about this. If you have an issue with a mixed Mac and PC gaming session, petition the moderators and attempt to do something about it. I'm sure with your obviously sparkling personality, and extra savoir-faire, you might just be able to get something accomplished.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
When I decided to post about the game, I saw that the title of the subforum did, in fact, include both Mac and PC games. I was completely unaware that I was violating the core tenants of some Mac purity movement by mentioning a game I enjoyed in a forum supposedly dedicated in part to the platform it's currently available for.

Or how about this. If you have an issue with a mixed Mac and PC gaming session, petition the moderators and attempt to do something about it. I'm sure with your obviously sparkling personality, and extra savoir-faire, you might just be able to get something accomplished.

I will try, trust me - in any case, my apologies if the thread was kind of hijacked by the Windows/Mac considerations above - feel free to keep talking about the WINDOWS game as before.

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
I'd rather have a assassin game where I actually want to assassinate people.

Hah! Have i got a game for you! :D

Assassin's Creed series. I highly recommend it. Steam or App store, though i think Steam has more editions available.

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
I will try, trust me - in any case, my apologies if the thread was kind of hijacked by the Windows/Mac considerations above - feel free to keep talking about the WINDOWS game as before.

As stated before, this is a section for Mac and PC games. Don't understand why you are so aggravated.

Then you could also petition the mods to remove the Console games sub-forum as it is obviously irrelevant to Mac gaming.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
You're still in the prison, right? That's pretty much the tutorial level. It opens up considerably once you get to the first real mission.

I'd just made it to the pub when I made that comment. :) You're right, it does open up quite a bit after that. It's no Skyrim/Assassin's Creed, but you certainly have a lot of paths around the levels.

Thus far, I like it. It's a good - not fantastic - game. The story so far is so-so, but I do like the art style. I'll see how it finishes.

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
I'd just made it to the pub when I made that comment. :) You're right, it does open up quite a bit after that. It's no Skyrim/Assassin's Creed, but you certainly have a lot of paths around the levels.

Thus far, I like it. It's a good - not fantastic - game. The story so far is so-so, but I do like the art style. I'll see how it finishes.

Is it in any way linear or there's some free roaming?

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Is it in any way linear or there's some free roaming?

It's not a big open world (like Skyrim/Assassin's Creed etc). There's one 'home' level and several levels around parts of the city. The levels aren't massive, but then again, it doesn't need to be huge. This isn't a game where you generally whizz through the streets at speed, rather you creep from doorway to doorway, looking under and behind everything for guards or goodies.

There usually are several paths through. For instance you might be able to "Blink" to a rooftop and find a vent in, or climb up and through an open window, Possess a rat and crawl in through a pipe, distract guards with noise then creep past, Possess a guard and walk right in, or just the old-fashioned run in and kill everyone.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
The story so far is so-so, but I do like the art style. I'll see how it finishes.

Aww, that's dissapointing to hear. The world building in this game looked so good and unique that I was hoping for something great, dare I say Deus Ex-caliber. To me, having multiple-path gameplay without a strong story is like baking a cake without sugar.

Still, the dearth of thief-like games and the inventiveness of the world necessitate I get this at some point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.