Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drewbo

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I use a hard shell case that has a built in screen protector. Saved me from many drops!
I have an Otterbox Defender with a built in screen protector for my Mini 6 and so far it’s doing a great job.

I suspect though, over time, that the various gaps in the case will allow a fair amount of dust and grime to find its way under the protector which will require the case to be dismantled in order to clean the screen.

No biggie, but worth thinking about.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2021
I don’t use screen protectors, but I have a Zugu Case that covers the screen when not in use and my Magic Keyboard will be here Thursday. I could never apply a screen protector without getting those pesky bubbles underneath or some kind of dust and my OCD would cause that to drive me crazy. I am really careful with my iPad Pro, but if you think you might drop it or you take it bed or travel with it then maybe a screen protector is a good investment. Mine never leave my house and I never take it to bed, so I find it redundant.

Reactions: scott Lashville

scott Lashville

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2021
Try the Gadgetshieldz screen guard because it is good with touch response and it can self-heal the scratches that occur on it. I'm using this protector on my previous iPads for more than 2 years and the scratches disappear within a few minutes. As I use the Apple pencil there is no interference from the screen protector, it is smooth to use!
If the bubbles are coming and making you crazy, you can just go with a film protector that is applied with liquid to reject even the small bubbles. As I mentioned above I applied the Gadgetshieldz screen guard and after applying it I had no bubbles, also it was easy to apply!

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I always use screen protectors - to protect from scratches but mostly to keep that brand new oleophobic feeling. Easy enough for me to change them out and have a smooth, silky screen again. I use glass protectors for my phone and Power Support Crystal clear film for my iPad - they are pricey but the best I’ve found and I’ve tried many.

I have no issues with installation. I am extremely fussy and use the steamy bathroom hack to get the dust from floating around. I have my supplies set up like I’m going into surgery 😁. I will keep at it til I get a super installation. I’m the screen protector guru for my whole family.

Reactions: Johnny Irons

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
I don’t use screen protector for my current one. Probably you need it if the iPad was shared with children (like I did on my old iPad 2 - back in 2010).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.