Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cvlr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2024
For the longest time I’ve carried two phones. One apple and one android to address the itch for both platforms. But as I grow older I’ve ditched my android and have stuck to one platform. I’ve realised there were times when my data, photos etc would end up being split across two devices. With my 15 plus, I haven’t missed my android for a while now. Probably because of the screen real estate.

What about you folks?

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I carry 2 iPhones - 14+ and 15PM on my belt 5 days a week.

One is personal and the other is work supplied - both are in Engadget belt clip holders.

Both come in handy when cell signals are iffy as they are on different networks.

The work phone has a priority first responder access in the event of a disaster or emergency. Benefit of working for a public agency...

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Yup—iPhone 15 Pro Max is primary daily driver and a Pixel Fold as secondary. The Fold is used mostly to browse the web, watch video, manage email. Generally is more for consumption of media, was a more portable replacement for my iPad Mini.

hockeyfan81

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2014
Yes I do, I currently have three phones which are S23U,Flip 5 and Fold 5 but only carry two them when I'm not at home. I have two sims, one is my phone plan and other one just shares my phone plans data.

cvlr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2024
Yes I do, I currently have three phones which are S23U,Flip 5 and Fold 5 but only carry two them when I'm not at home. I have two sims, one is my phone plan and other one just shares my phone plans data.
What’s your setup like with these? I mean how do you decide which device you pick up? I can’t even imagine carrying two-three massive phones at the same time.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Well I'm definitely getting older that's for sure... But I'm still carrying two phones... I have an iPhone 15 PM and alongside a Pixel 8 Pro or Fold depending on the week ... I'd rather have my lines and separate phones and not one since I like to use both platforms..

hockeyfan81

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2014
What’s your setup like with these? I mean how do you decide which device you pick up? I can’t even imagine carrying two-three massive phones at the same time.
I always have the Flip 5 on me and depending on what I'm doing when I go out but at home I use my Fold 5 as my media and internet browsing tablet.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
It is certainly not uncommon to have a personal phone and line and separate business phone and line. Some people carry both and some use one phone for work day and then switch to personal phone after work. Some people have two phones and use one Sim and share between devices and then alternate.

But I agree having three phones on you at the same time for day to day seems impractical to me. Two maybe but even that could get tricky unless it is just off and used in case of failure of the initial device.

lyunmac

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2011
I have an iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 15 pro max, S23 ultra and Flip 5. The 15 pro max is a work phone and then I rotate my other 3 phones for personal use. If I'm on a trip I'll take my 23 ultra for the battery and camera. Once it gets hot and don't want to carry a big phone then I'll use my mini or flip 5.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Always said I can't do it as I just end up mainly using one and the other sits in a drawer.
Had my 15 PM since launch and I love it but I also added a P8 Pro (now downsized to the P8) and I just love having both.
I don't use both together nor do I take both out and about, but I really enjoy having an android and an iPhone. Whenever I get that itch that needs scratching for the one I'm not using, I swap.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
I have 3. Now, I have my S24U, Fold 5, and iphone 13 mini. Since I now use my S24U as my main line, I don't need a big extra protective case for my Fold 5. It makes it easier to carry. Sometimes, I leave one at home, either the Fold 5 or iphone 13 mini.

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
Yeah.

During the week I always have to have 2 phones.

1 iPhone 12 pro(work), and a Fold 4 (personal).

Apple almost had me switch, as I was planning in 2022 to just consolidate to one phone, however they decided to go esim only, and my company hasn't figured out esim yet.

glambutnerdy

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2020
the clouds
Kind of, my second gen SE is my main daily driver. Whereas I like to use my old original SE as a music player, the form factor is just so, so, so much more convenient and comfortable for me.

RSB96

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2021
Spain
Up until a year and a half ago I only carried an iPhone, but I bought a Pixel 7 Pro and now have the 8 Pro.

I like having both systems, to see how both are evolving. The iPhone 13's camera has never really grown on me, and the Pixel's camera is simply amazing.

I've had a OnePlus 11 for a few days, so I've gone with three phones to test the camera mainly, but for me, having 3 phones already is a bit excessive.

I have a hankering for a foldable, so I may buy the iPhone 16 Pro Max and a Galaxy Fold 6 this year.

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
I have a 14PM, P8P and S24U. Recently had a 14 Plus as well but I've given that to my Mom.

They all are good in their own way, I typically carry the 14PM with me (that's my daily driver) and the P8P but I'm seriously considering moving to one of the Android devices as my main phone. The S24U is the jack of all trades and it's the one I get most excited about picking up. The 14PM and iOS just feels boring (to me anyway), even though it works very well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.