Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
I just got mine today. :) I've done countless business cards for clients, but I finally made my own.

bc_front.jpg

bc_back.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the way they came out. I used http://www.4by6.com and there service and quality is awesome. Highly recommended. If anything, go to their site and order a free sample kit. I know it sounds like I'm advertising, but I don't have any affiliation at all. I'm just a happy customer. :cool:

Anyways, back on topic... Do any of you have your own personal business cards? Lets see em! :)

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Cool, I've been looking for a good place to get business cards printed. Thanks for the link! Your card is very cool, nice design.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Man, I need some business cards.

I could pass them out at the Federal Reserve!

Eeeee!!!

How much were they?
I'm cheap, I don't pay for things...

*scratches chin*

/Hey..it's KT
//I'll give you my card...
///if you give me a nano.

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
katie ta achoo said:
Man, I need some business cards.

I could pass them out at the Federal Reserve!

Eeeee!!!

How much were they?
I'm cheap, I don't pay for things...

*scratches chin*

You could just print them off on some nice paper stock from your computer. ;)

katie ta achoo said:
/Hey..it's KT
//I'll give you my card...
///if you give me a nano.

I actually thought the shuffle would make an interesting (if not expensive) business card/portfolio...crazy Mike Davidson contests.

ifolio6xy.jpg

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Whyren said:
(Whyren said some junk)

OH MAN! When I'm crazy and rich I could TOTALLY DO THAT!

I would load it with Apple conference calls!

EEE!!!

I can't wait until I'm crazy and rich! :)

/and y'all also can't wait
//because you'd get one
///and reformat it
////you punks.

JMGvtec03

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2005
Whyren said:
You could just print them off on some nice paper stock from your computer. ;)

I actually thought the shuffle would make an interesting (if not expensive) business card/portfolio...crazy Mike Davidson contests.

ifolio6xy.jpg

That would be sweet! although you could do these for ALOT cheaper... LINK

I have some that I just make of the computer... You may also try VISTAPRINT you can get free ones from them, They will have thier logo on the back and you pay shipping but not bad, I have done these for my website.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Nice card.

Been thinking about Screen Printing a set of business cards for myself (when I actually get around to figuring out an identity for myself). But, only when I get plenty of free time which is never.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I have business cards — horrible, bland corporate ones that I rarely give to people because, as a designer, I'm so mortally ashamed of them.

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
Your card came out nice. I have printed brochures of my work and a web site but no card yet. I guess that's a little backwards. I may do one soon.

Doozy

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2005
Very nice,

I will have to look into using 4by6, I generaly like to support local printers but these online ones really do have nice pricing, I may have to test them out. If I do test them it will probably be a promotional brochure for myself, rather than using a client job.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Very cool looking card, and thanks for the link! I'll check them out when I need some new cards made up... :cool:

As for my business cards, they're very "corporate" and boring. Not even worth scanning in and showing. :(

L

Lau

radiantmark said:
I just got mine today. :) I've done countless business cards for clients, but I finally made my own.

Nice cards. May I say that that is an exceptionally good orange. :)

I have pop-up ones. :D They're a bitch to make, so I tend to rarely give them out, which slightly negates the point of business cards. The design's linked to my porfolio website.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 191

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
Blue Velvet said:
I have business cards — horrible, bland corporate ones that I rarely give to people because, as a designer, I'm so mortally ashamed of them.

LOL, the companies stock business cards. I know all to well about them, as I am a victim of it sadly. :(

At least it's FREE. :)

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Lau said:

I have pop-up ones. :D They're a bitch to make, so I tend to rarely give them out, which slightly negates the point of business cards. The design's linked to my porfolio website.

Very nice card (and nice work in your portfolio)!

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
MontyZ said:
Ooo, nice-looking cards. Where's your phone number and mailing address, tho?

My biz cards need an update, we've been using the same design for years. I just haven't had to time to re-brand yet.

Email and phone are blurred (by the camera somewhat intentionally) for security purposes, but they are to the right of my name. I'm just a freelancer so I don't care to give my home address out publicly. :) I figure my website is my business "office".

L

Lau

radiantmark said:
Very nice card (and nice work in your portfolio)!

I like your splash page, will look forward to seeing the new site!

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Lau said:

Wwwoooaaah! That's COOL!

Man, as an economist, I can't have cool cards. :(

it's a rule that we have to have the most boring cards on the face of the earth.

It's true! I don't make this stuff up!

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
katie ta achoo said:
Secretary of the Treasury. You could hand out autographed bills. You know you want to.

L

Lau

katie ta achoo said:

it's a rule that we have to have the most boring cards on the face of the earth.

It's true! I don't make this stuff up!

Katie - you know you want to be the first economist with pop-up, musical, scented, glow in the dark cards. It'll be talked about in textbooks in the future as the girl who made economic stationery interesting, and therefore began the revolution of the whole economic system....:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.