Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do You Like Tim Cook?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

imdog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Disneyland
I absolutely loathe the crook. Apple has gone pathetically downhill and I feel like I'm holding on out of nostalgia for the old Apple. Right now I can't work out because these boneheads screwed up WatchOS on the latest update and now every Series 3 in existence is suddenly unusable. I use it as my heart rate monitor for my Peloton. Might as well just keep buying and returning new Apple Watches until these lazy thieves finally get around to un-bricking our watches. I've thought long & hard about filing a class action lawsuit against this clown for what he's done to Apple, I can't believe the estate of Steve Jobs hasn't went after this bozo with litigation of likes the world has never seen.

gettyimages-1241147382-tim-cook.jpg

Absolute moron, lets take a look at what's going on under his tenure and I won't even get into all the BS politics of this Benedict Arnold either which is the worst part.

- He bricked every Apple Watch Series 3
- Jelly scrolling iPad mini
- Vibrating cameras
- Peeling iPad airs
- Released an iPad that still uses Apple Pencil 1 but can't charge Apple Pencil 1 without a dongle
- but said dongle is on an over one month delay
- AirPods max spontaneously combusting into flames
- bad bluetooth on Mac minis
- fired Johnny Ive
- PUT A NOTCH ON A LAPTOP WITHOUT EVEN HAVING FACE ID THEN GETS RID OF THE NOTCH FROM IPHONE
- discontinues mini iPhone and now every phone is so large no NBA player in the world could use it one handed. matter of fact they couldn't use an iPhone mini one handed because they're all too big, but this pathetic scumbag only cares about profit margins so they brainwash people into thinking they want to carry around tablets.
- half of MacBook is squared and half is rounded, terrible design
- fattened the whole lineup of everything making them so complicated and so many stupid names too
- now everyone is fleeing from his tyrannical rein and there are no design experts left

take a trip down memory lane, read it and weep, this guy needs to be fired and kicked to the curb before he destroys whats left of Apple. I'm almost considering becoming one of those people with green texts because of how diasasterous this Nike glasses wearing bum. Take a hike

Last edited:

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
- discontinues mini iPhone and now every phone is so large no NBA player in the world could use it one handed. matter of fact they couldn't use an iPhone mini one handed because they're all too big, but this pathetic scumbag only cares about profit margins so they brainwash people into thinking they want to carry around tablets.
You hit the nail on the head here 👏 well done

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
He's the head of a multi-billion (Trillion?) dollar company - he doesn't know me from adam. I do not like or dislike him, nor does he ever occupy my thoughts.

I've agreed and disagreed with his numerous decisions he's made, but here's the thing - he and his people are the experts, I'm not.

Bottom line, if you don't what Apple is offering, or feel the quality is not commensurate for the price being charged, buy something else. Life is to short to obsess over every perceived misstep or get angry over every policy or product decision Apple has made.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Whats up with the hatred? You know Apple is just a company and not your fiancé, right?

He's made Apple the largest company in the world, billions use their products and clearly loves them. Sure there are flaws on products, but personally I haven't ever owned an Apple product (35 years now!) that didn't have flaws, some bigger than others.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I don’t know him or put much thought into it really. I don’t like some of Apples products or their cost but as long as I get the device I want I don’t care. It could be Adolf Hitler running the company and I wouldn’t care as long as it’s a decent product. I’ve never really understood the worship of a brand or the people who go on about missing Steve Jobs. These are consumer products at the end of the day.

CyberDavis

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2022
To be fair I’m fairly ambivalent.
He runs the company and is responsible to share holders, and has a huge team behind him.
In a company of that size it is likely many decisions are made further down the line and he oversees big picture.

Apple isn’t perfect, but for me still gets more right than wrong.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
- fattened the whole lineup of everything making them so complicated and so many stupid names too
Well, I am not brainwashed but I love my 13 PM as the battery (among other things, like speed, great screen and excellent cameras) is great even after nearly a year. I recall all the complaints about too thin iPhones, MacBooks to name two. But of course YMMV.

Not sure why you think he needs to go to jail though??

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
It’s a huge difference in not liking Tim Cook, and hating him.

Not liking people we can do regarding to our own aware preferences of what we prefer.
Hating people on the other hand, actually has nothing to to with the object of our hate. It’s really about self-hate projected away from ourselves and our own conscious awareness.

I definitely don’t like Tim, but I strangely appreciate the work he has done after Steve died. Not an easy position. He was the man to do it. He had a solid foundation, to monetize, that’s all.
I also think it’s really time for someone else to bring Apple in a different and brighter direction again. For Apple, for the customers, and for the stockholders as well.
Otherwise, in another 10 years, Apple's quality will not be there anymore.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
Tim Apple knows how to make a lot of money. Many of his decisions are anti-consumer, but when you have a brand as popular as Apple you leverage it for all it’s worth and bring home massive profits. With a less popular brand, consumers would start to notice cost cutting while increasing prices, but the Apple brand is so strong consumers don’t notice or care. The shareholders love him and that’s what matters when deciding if he stays around or not.

Mac Fly (film)

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2006
Ireland
I cannot respect people who are excessively greedy and I don't care about the excuse.*

*But Apple is a corporation, it is not your friend. You serious? I figured Apple was my bestie. Apple is lead by people and the people running Apple are greedy. Let’s no longer make excuses. Apple executives talk like they care about their customers, but the reality is they only care about is their brand image and money. Every company has to make money, but at a certain point the people running a company cross the line and money becomes the only thing you care about. Apple executives claim to care about the environment, but human beings are part of the environment. You cannot just pay lip service to trees and not humans. Human beings matter. Greed has gimped the Apple brand and their products. Apple are officially IBM, the giant corporate behemoth they hated. Environment this, Timothy Cook: 🖕🏼

Last edited:

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
Damn there’s a lot in there. I personally like the man, but I think most of the things described in your post is overblown, and most of them are relatively low-level decisions, I doubt Tim was personally aware of the jelly scrolling issue before the launch of the iPad mini.

CEOs are not political leaders, they can be unliked even by some of their customers, but as long as they keep the company profitable, shareholders will be happy. Tim Cook certainly did great in that regard. So the decision to fire Jony Ive, for example, is not an emotional one, it was a business decision, and Apple did pretty well since his departure. Your hate on the new design language doesn’t mean that it was a bad business decision, and many people said that Apple products design almost didn’t change for too long (think of the iMac between 2010 and 2020, for example).

MR is a small but very vocal community in the Apple world. I’m pretty sure that less than 5% of the people that bought the latest iPad mini noticed the jelly scrolling, much less complained about it. Most of the gates we see on this website are still relatively niche, and only a few of them will spread widely in the medias and the general population. I’m not saying those critics are not legitimate, just that the average Joe may not be as pissed at Tim Cook as you may believe (average Joe probably don’t know who Cook is).

Also, I made this point often on this forum, but people tend to be too nostalgic of the Jobs era, and pretend that things were a lot better at the time. Cook has many flaws, but he is way more keen to recognize an error was made than Jobs, as he offered excuses for the 2013 Mac Pro, the iOS 6 Apple Maps, the iPhone 6 bendgate, etc. Jobs was the You are holding your iPhone wrong guy. Of course, Jobs did a lot of great things for Apple and was certainly a visionary person, but things at the time were certainly not perfect, and arguably not necessarily better than the Cook era.

I agree that Apple makes stupid decisions, like the adaptor thing for Apple Pencil 1 on the new iPad, but Apple is a company that loves to have free publicity, even bad one. Think of the 999$ display Pro Stand. They thrive on that, and seeing their profit margins, they are doing pretty well with all of those stupid decisions.

It just seems like Apple products are not for you anymore. If you are unhappy, you definitely should not stick on Apple products, try something else that may be better for you

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Don't know Tim personally. But from what I've read he's a stand up person, who also has managed to do a fantastic job running Apple these last 12 years.

I can see why some may be jealous of his success, but don't understand the hyperbole and juvenile comments. Of course everybody is entitled to their opinion, not that it will change the real world much. I hope those who have such cognitive dissonance over this are not using Apple's products or services. No need to when CEOs who seemingly are doing a better job and producing a better product are currently available.
  • loathe the crook
  • pathetically downhill
  • making profits and satisfying Wall Street
  • Tim Crook is in jail
  • nickel and diming

What some miss is that Apple can't satisfy Wall Street unless it satisfies their customers first. At least enough of them that gives Apple the record breaking quarterly revenue.

djcerla

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2015
Italy
Tim is one of a kind. Apple is firing on all cylinders actually.

This said, it’s clearly a calm-before-the-storm period for Apple, they are cooking something very big, and from the outside it looks like they have coasted as far as innovation is concerned.

I read the same exact comments as in 2006, literally the same words.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.