Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you still enjoy using your iPad mini 6?

• Yes

Votes: 106 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Returned it

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Sold it

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

gregpod9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
After several months of the release of the iPad mini 6, I would like to know if you still enjoy using your iPad mini 6.

temende

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2021
I greatly enjoy mine but I wish the display was a bit better or at least had ProMotion.

TracerAnalog

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2012
Same. I don't really need it. I need my phone and laptop, but the mini is just a nice to have.

I wish the mini had FaceID and the OS scales better (widgets etc). Other than that I have no complaints.
FaceID… I constantly keep swiping up, only to realize after 5 times that I need to hold my finger on the power button 😂. Also: intent staring at the display to unlock it🤓

LowerWolf

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2022
I've only had mine a week, but I'm very happy with it.

I've had a Mini 2 and a Mini 4. The size is perfect for me. Before getting the Mini 6, I checked out the new iPad Air, but found it to be too big. And the 6 has been blazing fast compared to my 4.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I like the iPad mini - I use it for eBooks and as my general device in some contexts, but it can go a week or two with no use. I was able to get mine as a work benefit otherwise I wouldn't have spent my own money on it.

JM91Six

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2019
Use it in bed every night! I also didn’t need it… but the iPad Pro 11” was overkill for my needs. Sometime I miss messing around on the keyboard.. but the stuff I do on my iPad mini was the same with the 11”.

I love it

Last edited:
Reactions: LibbyLA

Wokis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Yes. I use it as a consumption web browsing device and it's just perfect for the purpose. Also very easy to take with me anywhere in any kind of bag compartment.

Keyboards, serious programs etc... I don't want to jump through hoops for all of that to work in my daily life. Better experience for me on a laptop.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I do but for my personal use case it was the wrong move. I do a bit more on my iPad than most people and should have got an 11 inch Pro (I use sidecar or whatever it's called now a lot when I travel and I do a lot of drawing in Procreate). If I don't have a laptop with me I also use it a lot for work.

If you're buying it as a media consumption device it's perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.