Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you still enjoy using your iPad mini 6?

• Yes

Votes: 106 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Returned it

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Sold it

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

wingennis

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2016
Northern Arizona
I love my mini. I didn't need it. I have an iPhone, an iPad Pro, and a laptop. I use my mini mostly for reading so all of my reading apps and ebooks are stored on it. Phone is too small to read on, iPad Pro is too big to read on, but the mini is just right. I travel a LOT so I can't take all of my physical books. Small, light, balanced, portable. But strictly the luxury of "I want".

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Small, light, balanced, portable. But strictly the luxury of "I want".
Agree here, and this is kind of how I now regard iPads in general after being iPad-only for years. But I have always been an iPad fanatic and the mini 6 is the exact form factor I've been waiting for for a very long time. Sometimes a tablet is just the right tool for the job, and the only tablet I really care about owning is iPad.

iPad and iPhone are very different tools to me. iPhone I kind of lump in with Apple Watch and AirPods as a sort of mobile computing platform. My iPad and Mac I lump together as my larger screen, less portable computing platform. Where the iPad kind of splits off from there is that it's a better media watcher, note pad, e reader, etc. than any of those other devices, which is why I absolutely do spend the money to have them on my cellular plan.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
I love my mini. I didn't need it. I have an iPhone, an iPad Pro, and a laptop. I use my mini mostly for reading so all of my reading apps and ebooks are stored on it. Phone is too small to read on, iPad Pro is too big to read on, but the mini is just right. I travel a LOT so I can't take all of my physical books. Small, light, balanced, portable. But strictly the luxury of "I want".
I agree 100%. Mini is perfect for traveling.

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
I was in Apple store today in Aberdeen, and for the first time since owning a Mini 2, picked it up with the new design

Oh my lord, if I didn’t like my iPad Pro so much, the Mini would 100% be purchased!

I had the first mini, then mini 2 and thought it was the best thing ever, until the 3rd release was such a crap update I gave up. If Apple release a Pro version I’d be all over it like a rash as I travel and the weight is significant to me, but I enjoy all the pro features.

Ac1d 8urn

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2020
Wisconsin
I actually didn't use my mini much at all until about 6 months after I bought it, but now I use it every night. Perfect way to wind down, lay in bed reading, browsing, drawing, etc. I made a mistake buying the base wifi 64gb though, I'm running out of space. I'm probably going to trade it in this week for a 256 cellular model, I'd like to be able to take it out with me without relying on sketchy free wifi or having to tether.

Reactions: jwolf6589

trhoffmann

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2019
I have an iPad Pro 12.9 and a mini 6. At first my use allocation was 70/30 in favor of my iPad Pro, but after 6 months the allocation is now closer to 50/50. Love both of my iPads. I have an iPhone, but no Mac.

Reactions: Frostbear44

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
I actually didn't use my mini much at all until about 6 months after I bought it, but now I use it every night. Perfect way to wind down, lay in bed reading, browsing, drawing, etc. I made a mistake buying the base wifi 64gb though, I'm running out of space. I'm probably going to trade it in this week for a 256 cellular model, I'd like to be able to take it out with me without relying on sketchy free wifi or having to tether.

No update of ipad mini expected for october event. However, maybe you should wait until that in case there are surprises…

Reactions: Ac1d 8urn

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
I had a mini 6 and loved it for reading, web browsing and watching YouTube. However, I have sold it recently as I have a work iPad Pro 12.9". Ideally I would like to keep the mini but I just couldn't justify having two iPad.

I am very keen to use Stage Manger when Apple release iPadOS 16 next month so I can use the M1 iPad Pro at work with an external display. I really dislike my work Windows laptop.

If I had to buy an iPad today, I think I would get the iPad Air 5. Great size and it has a M1 chip.

Attachments

• IMG_1320.jpeg
    IMG_1320.jpeg
    482.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1318.jpeg
    IMG_1318.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0490.jpeg
    IMG_0490.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: BigMcGuire

nStyle

macrumors 65832
Dec 6, 2009
If I had to buy an iPad today, I think I would get the iPad Air 5. Great size and it has a M1 chip.

As a 12.9 and Mini 6 owner, I too had that thought, but in reality I really like the 12.9 at home and Mini on the go. The Air really is the perfect middle ground but I feel like I’d be downgrading too much for home use. And for some reason on smaller screens I don’t care about 120hz as much, but the Air feels like it needs it.

Magoo1979

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2020
So, I dropped and smashed the 12.9 pro about 2 months age. Got the mini 6 as replacement (don’t have funds for a new pro). After a month of use I happy that I got the mini. Prefect for all I do at home! A great little device that fits in a pocket with plenty of punch!

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
So, I dropped and smashed the 12.9 pro about 2 months age. Got the mini 6 as replacement (don’t have funds for a new pro). After a month of use I happy that I got the mini. Prefect for all I do at home! A great little device that fits in a pocket with plenty of punch!
If you had the funds would you still buy a pro?

SirAnthonyHopkins

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2020
how big are your pockets?!

Reactions: mikedude86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.