Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
All the time. Controlling the lights in the house, changing scenes depending on what were watching etc. Switching on wifi switches and controlling central heating.

Adding appointments and reminders to the calendar and taking notes.

In the car, Siri, navigate too X or, Siri where is the nearest B&Q (or what ever) and then Navigate to it. It seems far more reliable than Alexa.

Lodesman

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
Folkestone, Kent, UK
No, never. I tried it a few times on my iPhone and have not found a reason to use it at all. I know it is available on my Mac but never used there either.

Cannot see the point of Siri at all.

CrystalQuest76

Suspended
Dec 14, 2015
West Cost A Lot
Yes. I use it to create appointments and events in Calendar. I have also used it to create grocery lists in Notes. I have also used it to create and dictate Messages while i am walking. While walking i also used it to check Weather. At times i have also used it to initiate Phone calls.
[doublepost=1522101103][/doublepost]
Some bank apps in the U.S. allow you to check your balance with Siri. Bank of America is one of the participating banks I use. I ask Siri what my balance is, and it shows me my different bank account balances on the phone.
Did not know about that feature.

cfurlin

Suspended
Jun 14, 2011
I use Siri mostly to create events on my calendar. If I want an answer to a question, I'll just look it up myself.

Kelowna77

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2013
I use Siri on my phone and my watch all the time. Especially when I’m driving, my steering wheel but will trigger Siri if I hold it down so I use that to make phone calls and dictate text messages or ask for her to read me my messages. Other uses are setting reminders and alarms and timers. So I get a boatload of use out of Siri

Kelowna77

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2013
Interestingly I've just upgraded my car stereo to one that supports CarPlay, Siri seems to now make far fewer errors when I'm dictating messages vs the previous BT non-CarPlay unit - my message success rate (ie no re-dictating required), has literally gone from 10% to 80%+...

My car is a non-CarPlay enabled Bluetooth my link system in a 2015 Chevy and Siri picks up better and more correctly that it does on my mom’s 2017 CarPlay enabled system. I put it down to the fact that I use voice dictation on my phone all the time, I absolutely detest typing things now when I could just dictate them LOL so I think my phone knows my voice and what I’m saying better than my parents phones know them since they don’t use the dictation feature as often as I do.

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
I only use it when:

1) I buy a new iPhone, just to try it out to see what's changed and how it looks and works on the new phone.

2) When I'm really, really bored.

So no, I don't use it that much at all and to be honest wouldn't really care too much if it was removed from iPhones. I don't have a car or an Apple Watch though so I don't really run into situations where I feel like I need to use it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.