Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkpaw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
London, England
I know I am late to this thread but my 27" late 2012 iMac just kind of slammed it's head into the wall and all weekend I have been stuck in repair disk, Utilities, releasing NVRA cycle nightmares and I REALLY could use some assistance. I found this thread by googling the errors I am seeing on First Aid, and kind of did what you asked Rachel to do during this thread last year, I viewed my container and ran it on Container Disk2 and got "Storage System verify or repair failed (-69716)" and now have no clue what to do, I am good at taking direction, I have never unmounted anything but was wondering if you had any advice where to go from here? I am desperate
Have you tried running Disk Utility from the macOS Recovery system? This page has startup key combinations; you want Command (⌘)-R.

Try disk first aid on the containers, as I mentioned.

Barkevious

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
Have you tried running Disk Utility from the macOS Recovery system? This page has startup key combinations; you want Command (⌘)-R.

Try disk first aid on the containers, as I mentioned.
Sorry just saw this reply super late, I have run every single one of those. it gets stuck in boot loops where it gets all the way to the end and then just restarts and tries again and again. None of the utility options have fixed it. So I am making strides towards getting another mac, thunderbolting them together to put mine into target mode, see if I can at least pull the data off the HD and maybe buy a new HD for it and start over. Not sure what else I can do....

vvg

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2024
In case it helps anyone with this problem. I was running an external USB drive for my file storage, due to recent problems on my 2017 iMac, and after another system crash lost the 3Tb external drive with all its data, it was formatted ExFat. I got errors -69845 and -69874 from Disk Utility. Fortunately, when I started EaseUS Data Recovery it found the disk and, when scanning for lost files, the disk mounted on the desktop and the data all appears to be intact. Thankfully I didn't have to wait for the 33-hour scanning time to complete before being able to copy the essential data to another drive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.