Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ManWhoCan

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2003
Remember the delays getting this thing launched? It was a POS then and not much better now.

hoonu

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2008
Orange County, CA
MM Webmail is a joke. I cant believe I actually paid for this POS.

At this very moment... I have typed out a large email to former business contact and I'm awaiting my attachment to be "uploaded". It has been over 10 mins with the circle of death and I'm starting to get the feeling that the whole email will be lost since there is no way to cancel the uploading.

GFG

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one.

MobileMe webmail is diabolical. Using it in Safari on my Mac it constantly logs me back out, wont let me send emails until I refresh the main window, and is ridiculously slow.

A very very poor show by Apple.

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
I look at it as "it does what it is designed to do" and nothing more. It's not horrible but isn't great either. I like MM but wish they would do more to enhance its performance, but I did notice it works much better/faster on Safari (Mac or PC) and Chrome on PC, than it does under Firefox (Mac or PC). IE is just plain garbage to begin with so...

plusbryan

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2008
If MobileMe webmail were at least halfway usable, I'd be a much happier me.com user - but it's beyond ridiculous. I get server disconnects, "unauthorized user", and "bad response from server" on quite literally on half of the messages I try to send or drag to folders. If it weren't for push, I'd be right back in Google's arms, not sure why I'm paying $99 for crappy webmail that doesn't work.

Dwanep

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
Nebraska
Why is it always so slow, Apple gets so many things right, I just don't understand how this is not fixed and a cool app. But yes it just sucks.

pandabearjohnso

macrumors member
May 27, 2009
I agree with oursfan, it was a much better webmail app when it was .mac. It really took a dive during the .me swap. And what's up with .me anyway? Was .narcissist already taken?

I keep holding out b/c someday Apple will sort this out. But I don't really believe that. How can the same company that makes iTunes produce this POS?

I use a PC at work and found IE and Me are completely incompatible. I have been using Safari on the PC for sometime, but just today I uninstalled Safari and loaded Chrome. For some reason Safari kept getting hung up when I installed the latest version of the anti-virus I use on the PC (Kapersky).

Frickin' computers. I really think we were better off without them!

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
There are some ppl who love MM, and probably just as many who hate it.

I still have my account but will not be renewing.... Gmail gives me a lot more reliable service for $99/yr less than Apple does.

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
I love the rest of MobileMe, but the Web Mail is dreadful. It is incredibly slow, and if you leave it open for any length of time, it seems to time-out, leading to two annoying scenarios:
1) You go to click on an email in your inbox, and the page refreshes, making you click it again
2) You finish typing a long email, and when you press send it tells you it's lost connection and the email and it disappears (I always command-C my emails before I press send because of this).

I am a freelancer who often works on different computers, and I need the webmail. It drives me nuts. My old GMail account is so snappy and reliable in comparison (although if they could only speed up MM the interface would be fantastic).

antonioanmar

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2009
Albacete (Spain)
Really i am using it since the begin of the Mobile Me system and never i had problems, but i think that it could be because NEVER i have used it from a PC.
I think that these mail service has been done thinking that you will use always in your own mac or iPhone, with the Mail program, because on this case it works great.
But the webmail used from a PC or also from another Mac is not as good as it could be.

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Really i am using it since the begin of the Mobile Me system and never i had problems, but i think that it could be because NEVER i have used it from a PC.

PC or Mac makes no difference with the WebMail. The slowness/timeout issues occur no matter which operating system or browser you use.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I have to agree. I'm a huge Apple fan, but MobileMe email is absolutely terrible. Here's just one problem of many: write an email, save it as a draft, open it back up later and you can't continue working on it. I reported this bug a year ago and it is still there. It's as if Apple has given up on making things better.

The only reason I keep renewing Mobile Me is because I like the way it synchs my two iMacs, MacBook, and iPhone.

Bryan

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
I have to agree. I'm a huge Apple fan, but MobileMe email is absolutely terrible. Here's just one problem of many: write an email, save it as a draft, open it back up later and you can't continue working on it. I reported this bug a year ago and it is still there.

I've not been able to replicate this as a bug. Is there something specific to how you are using it?

Drafts was one of the things I happen to think works really well on MM, too.

The only reason I keep renewing Mobile Me is because I like the way it synchs my two iMacs, MacBook, and iPhone.

Agreed. On this alone, it's just barely worth the price you pay for it. I still use the iDisk a whole hell of a lot b/c it saves me a lot of time working between two Macs, or carrying a flash drive to campus.

danno74

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2009
Oh yeah, it stinks alright... worst online email app I've ever used. This stinks more than Snotmail. I can't believe I'm paying $119 AU for this GARBAGE every year. Multiple problems, and working on three different Macs. Same issues on all. It's MM, not the Macs.

I only keep it going because everyone has my dot me address and I can't be bothered changing it back to Gmail. Plus, I do like it's syncing between my Mac at home and iPhone.

But for god's sake, why won't Apple fix MM Mail!!????? It doesn't make any sense... it's been like this for the whole year and a bit that I've had it, and we're having the same issues... I mean, how long does it take to FIX something Apple? Seriously?????? There should be a law against this daylight robbery. Doesn't work as advertised.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.