Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobdigi76

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2011
I’m a 14 PM user. I upgraded from the 13 mini (favorite iPhone ever) because I needed the better battery life and large screen for working on my phone while away from the office.

I’m now in the office more than ever and the size of the PM is just too much. I want to go back to a small phone.

Does anyone have any experience with going down to a 6.1” from a PM/Plus? Did it feel like a small phone? Was the size and weight that noticeable?
I upgraded from a 13 PM to the 15 P and couldn’t be happier. I was worried the smaller screen would be a downgrade but everything looks fine. The smaller form factor is definitely an improvement for me.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I went to the 15 Pro from a 12 mini. I was a huge mini fan and made the upgrade only because my battery was failing. The 15 is a bigger phone of course, but the size difference wasn't as big as I had always feared. Still fits in my front pants pocket comfortably, and I got used to the size almost immediately.

Never mind - I didn't read the OP well enough. Oops! Still loving my 15 Pro, though. Doesn't feel small at all.

Reactions: zerocharlie

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The 6.1-inch Pro is a small phone by 2024 standards.

Even the cheapest Android phones have a 6.5-inch display. We're talking $79 smartphones that use LCD.

There's a good reason why Apple is moving to 6.3-inch for iPhone 16 Pro and making the SE4 6.1-inch.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
If you want to see a small phone, go look at the iPhone 4 or anything earlier. I pulled that one of my drawer recently and it felt like a child's toy.

• Haha
Reactions: geta

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
I’ve just gone from a 14PM to a 14 Pro due to the size and weight of the Pro Max, also have problems with carpel tunnel syndrome. For me the 6.1” is the perfect size and I’m loving it 😊

Attachments

• IMG_1138.jpeg
    IMG_1138.jpeg
    740.9 KB · Views: 51

Fleetboy

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
I downgraded from a 14P to an SE (3rd gen) because I couldn't tolerate the size. And from an ergonomics point of view am much happier. It's amazing how much nicer the SE is to carry. Apple could undoubtedly produce a more advanced SE size phone, and perhaps with enough feedback they might just do that.

Reactions: James6s and geta
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.