Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leifp

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
Canada
My 11” iPad Pro bent a bit. Might have been due to dropping it…

I’ll admit that I was on the forefront of affront when the iPad Air 2 came out as that was the first iPad that felt a bit flimsy (anybody who has ever held an OG iPad finds all portable tech incapable of living up to that torsional rigidity). And yet, in use, I never notice it. Heck, even when the screens on the iPads have become so thin as to distort (look at them when they’re off) I no longer care in use. And it turns out I stopped buying tech as aesthetic objects alone a number of years ago… (okay, you got me: it was never a principal concern)

bcortens

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Ontario Canada
No iPad "bent easily." Any model will bend if you try hard enough.
I disagree, I’ve never had my 11” 2018 on its own in a bag but it has a slight curve to it. It isn’t enough to affect anything and it still attaches just fine to the Magic Keyboard but it is visible. I think the current iPad designs are slightly less rigid but I don’t think I’d trade it for a thicker design as I quite like the weight and size.

bcortens

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Ontario Canada
hahaha the amount of copium in this thread is off the charts 🤣
😂
I have a slight bend in mine but if the alternative is a thicker heavier iPad I don t want to make that tradeoff. I like how portable it is and think the 11” pro is the perfect compromise between power and portability.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
For me, there hasn't been a bend/warp issue. I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't use a case on my phone/iPads, my 4tt gen 12.9" went camping with me for the past 2 summers in a backpack, and I generally carry it in my purse every day. Aside from the scratches on the back and sides, there's zero bend to it.

But hey, YMMV.

Reactions: bcortens
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.