Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Domofloge

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2008
New Jersey
Considering that both Apple's website and several people above you have confirmed that it does indeed have a built in mono speaker, I'd like to applaud your effort and/or reading comprehension.

Bravo good sir.

I stand corrected and honestly it isnt the first time I've been wrong. But, honestly do you need to be such a arrogant a****** about it??

It would have been nice to receive a private message saying that the information i provide was incorrect. But no... thanks a lot dude!!

fabian9

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2007
Bristol, UK
one hole is the mic, the other one the camera status LED, just like on the macbook. I suspect the mono speaker will be under the keyboard.... who uses those anyways? the sound of inbuilt laptop speakers are awful... lol.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
one hole is the mic, the other one the camera status LED, just like on the macbook. I suspect the mono speaker will be under the keyboard.... who uses those anyways? the sound of inbuilt laptop speakers are awful... lol.

there are two holes, and there is a separate hole for the light, check out the page, the green light is RIGHT next to it, i know for sure one of the holes is the mic, but whats the other one for? cant be speakers, that thing is small!!!

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
Of course its not the speaker, like you said, it's far too small
Just to wrap up, the MBA does have built in speakers; there's your original answer well, answered.
The two holes next to the iSight are the mic and the iSight status light/ambient light sensor

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Of course its not the speaker, like you said, it's far too small
Just to wrap up, the MBA does have built in speakers; there's your original answer well, answered.
The two holes next to the iSight are the mic and the iSight status light/ambient light sensor

so its for sure the light sensor? im gonna go check em out this weekend

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Would people PLEASE stop moaning about it being mono only?!

Do you really think it's worth building stereo speakers into something that small? is it really going to make any difference? No.

And as for 'surround sound' in a laptop, it can't be done. You can try and fake it, by doing all sorts of stupid things like delaying the left hand speaker very slightly from the right, which isn't really proper surround sound.

To have surround sound, you need speakers all around you, no way around it.

brendanryder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
Calgary
I stand corrected and honestly it isnt the first time I've been wrong. But, honestly do you need to be such a arrogant a****** about it??

It would have been nice to receive a private message saying that the information i provide was incorrect. But no... thanks a lot dude!!

woa, i think you need to take a time out. he was being nice about it. in this day and age on the internet that is considered a compliment. :D

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
do they come out from under? who has seen this machine in person?

Does it really matter? I mean, they're hardly gunna be any good and being mono they're gunna be worse than normal
Only the people who were at Macworld have had a chance to use it and so thats a pretty limited user base. Maybe some early reviews may have more info

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.