Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has your iPad its own name?

• No.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • No. But my Macbook/Mac/PC has its own name.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • "iPad". what else? - IT'S WRITTEN ON THE BACKSIDE!

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Yes, of course. I name all my electronic devices. They’re family…

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • Yes. With. A. Label.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It’s complicated, see my comment below…

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
That’s such a good idea I wish I would’ve done it. I’ve had so many Apple devices over the years it would’ve been neat to have my iPhone be like iPhone (9) and I know it’s my ninth iPhone I’ve ever had. Same for iPad and Apple Watch and Apple TV
My wife's iPhone made it up to iPhone (90). No idea how - she certainly hasn't owned 90 iPhones!

• Haha
Reactions: Lioness~

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
Mine’s Paddy. I knew someone who named their iPod Poddy, so took inspiration from that. It was also the name of my dog, who is no longer with us, so I don’t want to change it now. It carries across to every new device when I upgrade.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Pretty simple, I just put the beginning letter of my name before the device name.

I love how creative some of your guys are though. I get inspired 😂 ♥️

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
All my devices (except my Mac at the moment) have a name based on "light." Not sure why I chose this:

AirPodsStarlight
AirPods ProStarlight Pro
AirPods MaxStarlight Max
iPhoneMoonlight
Apple WatchSidelight
iPad miniStreetlight
iPad Pro 12.9"Twilight
Mac miniLowlight
MacBook Pro???'s MacBook Pro

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
It's not the same as naming the devices themselves my devices names, but every Apple computer device I've owned for the past 27 years has had on it an .aiff file that shares the same name as my daughter.

The file is a sound recording I made one night in 1996, when my daughter (then a newborn) woke up crying and wanting to be held.

I keep that file in a prominent place to remind me that my responsibility as a father should always be my first priority — even today, despite the fact my daughter is now nearly the same age that I was when I made the recording!

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
I've gone with a dinosaur theme for my devices. My IPad is called Diplodocus. My Homepod is called Triceratops. And I've just named my new Iphone Plesiosaurus. I have not actually been able to find where you can assign a name to a Macbook.

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
lol, I'm just white bread about it. I name it what it is so I can tell which gen device it is. Though I love the spy/Assassin film genre so I like to name some things with cryptic names. Like my Windows Accounts. I like to call them Spy/CIA jargon names. lol.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
My devices are named "Clix Pix's 16" MBP 2021," Clix Pix's 13" MBP 2020," and the iPhone is "Clix Pix's iPhone 12 Pro," and the iPads are "Clix Pix's iPad Mini 5" and "Clix Pix's iPad 12.9 2018." Keeps everybody straight on the network.

Now, cars I DO give a unique name.....my current one is called "Celeste," because she is a lovely Space Grey which matches my Apple gear, so therefore there's something celestial going on....

I live on a small lake where we have various wildlife creatures who live in and around the water. One of them, a Great Blue Heron who has been in residence here for several years, I named "Alfred" some time ago. (History buffs should pick up on that one.). We have a Mossback turtle who occasionally pops his head up to say hello as he is swimming by, and I have named him "Walt." (Long-time, serious Apple fans will get this.).

Sometimes devices, cars and creatures just all but name themselves...

Reactions: Lioness~

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
Yes. M1 iPad Pro 11.

IMG_1738.jpeg

thmsnt

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2023
Zeus is what I call my 12.9 Pro because it’s the biggest and most powerful Apple device I own. ⚡️

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Me
iBrick = phone

Daughter's Apple device names:
Dougless
Alberto
Gerald
Norman
Bjorn
Pumba
Fred
Frank
Daniel
Steve
Marty
Bob
Stuart
Alfred
Phil
Timone
Greg
Pier
Petunia
Kevin
Kenny
Kelly
Newton
Hubert

Autos
Thor > Tesla
Clyde > Cadillac

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bondr006
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.