Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vlad Soare

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Bucharest, Romania
If I'm ever mistakenly in that situation, the contents of my phone would either exonerate me, or at the very least, would not incriminate me.
Sure. But it would still be frustrating and humiliating. It would still feel like being raped. The fact that they find nothing and leave you alone after having treated you like trash won't make you feel any better.
When someone is hostile towards me, I will go out of my way to make their job as hard as I can. I will turn off TouchId or FaceId the very second I become aware of their intentions. If they want a peek at my data, let them work for it. Let them get a court order.
Come to think of it, by the time they get that court order I might also have the phone erased remotely. Either by myself when I get home, provided I'm not under arrest, or by someone else if I am. 😈

Last edited:

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Sure. But it would still be frustrating and humiliating. It would still feel like being raped. The fact that they find nothing and leave you alone after having treated you like trash won't make you feel any better.
When someone is hostile towards me, I will go out of my way to make their job as hard as I can. I will turn off TouchId or FaceId the very second I become aware of their intentions. If they want a peek at my data, let them work for it. Let them get a court order.
Come to think of it, by the time they get that court order I might also have the phone erased remotely. Either by myself when I get home, provided I'm not under arrest, or by someone else if I am. 😈
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people feel that way. I tend not to break the law though, and I haven't put myself in many situations where I was at risk of being accused of a crime through proximity to bad people or whatever. So if a police officer wanted to search my vehicle or phone or whatever, I'd be more inclined to cooperate than resist. But that's just me.

Reactions: Whyy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.