Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s2menon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
I bought the ipad 2 yesterday and i upgraded it to 4.3.5 only to realize that you can only get a jailbreak if you have 4.3.3

so i tried to follow the steps that i found on google where you download tiny umbrella and use it to remove one of the checkmarks, save the ssh and start the tss server

once that is done i opened itunes and tried to restore it to 4.3.3 but i get error 20 (Note: all this time the ipad has not been in recovery mode)

what do i do next? i read somewhere that once you see that error you should put your ipad in recovery mode...i did that and nothing happened

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
I bought the ipad 2 yesterday and i upgraded it to 4.3.5 only to realize that you can only get a jailbreak if you have 4.3.3

so i tried to follow the steps that i found on google where you download tiny umbrella and use it to remove one of the checkmarks, save the ssh and start the tss server

once that is done i opened itunes and tried to restore it to 4.3.3 but i get error 20 (Note: all this time the ipad has not been in recovery mode)

what do i do next? i read somewhere that once you see that error you should put your ipad in recovery mode...i did that and nothing happened

This type of question gets asked over and over....a search might have more quickly yielded an answer....

Here goes anyway: if the ipad2 you purchased was brand new out of the box, you are out of luck. Apple long ago stopped signing 4.3.3. shsh blobs. sorry, but there is absolutely no way for you to go back to 4.3.3.

namsu

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2011
Return it

Return it back and buy another one.

SethKOne

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2011
As of Aug 20, 2011, there is no way to downgrade a brand new iPad 2 with 4.3.5 to 4.3.3. /eot.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
At this point, iOS 5 jailbreak is tethered on all devices except for iPhone 3G I guess.

So might as well jailbreak 4.3.5 tethered. But again, not possible on iPad 2 since it doesn't have a boot room exploit.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
at this point, ios 5 jailbreak is tethered on all devices except for iphone 3gs early bootroom which is untethered and the ipad2 which can not be jailbroken on ios5

efa. The iPhone 3G cannot run iOS5, and the iPad2 is not vulnerable to the exploit used on the A4 devices to give the tethered jailbreak.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
So basically iPad has jailbreak love only on 4.3.3 and below.. Sucks.. :( ..
My iPad on 4.3.3 was behaving weird a few days bak and was thinking of restoring as new the last time before iOS 5 is launched. Afterwhich I won't be able to downgrade since I have iPad 3G and it used blobs of both I.e firmware and baseband.. I hate apple at times for such closed environment.. :(

farme

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
So basically iPad has jailbreak love only on 4.3.3 and below.. Sucks.. :( ..
My iPad on 4.3.3 was behaving weird a few days bak and was thinking of restoring as new the last time before iOS 5 is launched. Afterwhich I won't be able to downgrade since I have iPad 3G and it used blobs of both I.e firmware and baseband.. I hate apple at times for such closed environment.. :(

Actually you can downgrade your iPad 2 3G if you have your 4.3.3 blob saved, since Apple didn't update the baseband firmware from 4.3.3 onwards.

arrubyyn

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2011

hello :)
my iPad 2 is 4.3.2 and I wanna upgrade it to 4.3.3 is it possible?
and if not how should I jailbreak it?:confused:

db67fm

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
If it is 3G then you are out of luck.

If it is just a WiFi iPad 2 go to jailbreakme.com and try to jailbreak. It worked for me running 4.3.1 on my 32 GB Wifi iPad 2

deadsniper

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2011
Regarding IPAD 2 jailbreak

Hey all!

I have a jailbroken iPad 2 since July and I am receiving a new one next week. However, all over the forums people say it is impossible to degrade to 4.3.3 or jailbreak any ipad 2 after August. Can I save my SHSH blobs from my ipad 2 i bought in July (and jailbroken) and transfer it over to my Ipad 2 coming in september? Or can i sync all the apps from my july Ipad 2 to my new ipad 2? Any advice? Thanks A LOT!!

Quazimojo

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Auburn Hills,Mi
Nope SHSH blobs are unique to each machine so your new machine cannot be Jailbroken for the time being sadly.

Unless you have some glaring flaw with your current one then you may want to just hold on to it vs trading up or down depending on how you look at it.

Most people i believe are speculating that something might come out for iOS5 to Jailbreak but with Comex heading to Apple who knows whats going to happen.

I know others are involved in the JB scene so hopefully someone can find or already has a new exploit waiting..

Good luck.

jbiedenharn

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2010
iPad2 Downgrade with SHSHs

I have an iPad2 previously on 4.3.3(purchased with 4.3.3) and jailbroken with SHSHs saved July 7.
Crashed and went to DFU mode 10/30/11. after trying to restore to 4.3.3 with TU was stuck in recovery loop. Ultimately was able to upgrade to 5.0 with firmware 04.11.08, to have functioning iPad2. Is there anyway to downgrade to 4.3.3 given those circumstances. I know there was an issue with bb firmware that i thought meant you were stuck in recovery period till bootrom exploit came out, but was able to get out to 5.0. Not sure if it was luck or what. but don't want to try a downgrade and get stuck for good.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
I have an iPad2 previously on 4.3.3(purchased with 4.3.3) and jailbroken with SHSHs saved July 7.
Crashed and went to DFU mode 10/30/11. after trying to restore to 4.3.3 with TU was stuck in recovery loop. Ultimately was able to upgrade to 5.0 with firmware 04.11.08, to have functioning iPad2. Is there anyway to downgrade to 4.3.3 given those circumstances. I know there was an issue with bb firmware that i thought meant you were stuck in recovery period till bootrom exploit came out, but was able to get out to 5.0. Not sure if it was luck or what. but don't want to try a downgrade and get stuck for good.

Do you have the WiFi only iPad 2 or the 3G one? If it's the latter, there is unfortunately nothing you can do. There is no way at this time to downgrade firmware for a 3G iPad 2, even if you have the SHSHs saved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.