Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cayenne1

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2016
Knoxville, TN
Kuwait, Know where it is ? lol.

By the way, Can TestDisk also recover deleted files from iPhones and Android phones ?
Marhaba,

Naam, lived in KSA from 77 through 94 mostly in Dhahran. Remember the 1st Gulf War very well.
My wife and I have fond memories of the M.E. other than the Scuds. Really miss a good shawarma.

To answer your question, I don't think TestDisk works on SmartPhones.

Eid al fitr is coming up. All the best.

bo-waleed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
Marhaba,

Naam, lived in KSA from 77 through 94 mostly in Dhahran. Remember the 1st Gulf War very well.
My wife and I have fond memories of the M.E. other than the Scuds. Really miss a good shawarma.

To answer your question, I don't think TestDisk works on SmartPhones.

Eid al fitr is coming up. All the best.
Lol you like shawarma ?
I do like it too and eat it a lot.

You may not find it where you live, I know because I traveled to many countries. But there is something called 'Doner' which is like shawarma. It's made by Turkish restaurants.

Turkish restaurant can be found in many countries. And there may be 80% chance they serve it.

Lebanon restaurant may serve shawarma but you may not find any where you live.

ELCSUM

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2024
Thank you very much.

I successfully recovered my important files.

Also, Thanks for the developers who made TestDisk and the one who made that youtube video.

It took too long to scan my 500GB HDD (about 8hours), But really worth the waiting.
Also the program was too easy but you have to be careful not to press the wrong key.
Would you remember how you recovered your drive. I did the same thing to an external drive on my mac. I have TestDisk installed but I am afraid I am going to select the wrong thing and lose all my data. I would appreciate any help.

johnsterdam

macrumors member
May 2, 2021
I used https://www.cleverfiles.com/ and it worked well. Also it lets you analyse the disk for free to see which files are recoverable, you only pay if you then want to recover them. Key thing in the meantime is not to write anything to the disk you want to recover from. So don’t transfer any files to it.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Why would I do that ?

I mean, These files were the actual backed up files on my external HDD.
And this accident happened at the time I don't have them in my MBP, Bad luck I guess.
The reason you'd do that is so that if an accident happens with a drive (breaks, gets lost, accidentally erased like you did) then you have a second copy of the same data to fall back on. But, you do you! If you don't want to back up, then definitely don't. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.