Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
Third party screen? What do you mean? Phone has 3 days only. Can you check Your 14pro or Max? Instruction you can find in my first post
Are you saying you've only had the phone for three days?
If that is the case, take it to Apple, show them the issue and they should have you a replacement.
If you don't want to do that, my best suggestion would be to... just get used to it?
If you can't notice it during normal use, then just use the phone normally and forget about it.

GoofyCyborg

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Wales, UK
Seen a few threads about this, appears to be normal. Swapping out the phone won’t stop it happening again.

No idea if mine has it and I’m not going looking for issues for the sake of it - I don’t use the dynamic island feature!

Yuvix

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2022
India
Hello, do you have problem with burn in next to dynamic Island? It’ visible only on grey wallpaper and in dark room when brightnes is minimum. When brighynes have 15-20% and more i can’t see any issue. In attachment i add screen test and photos with issue.
I too have a slight burn in and using it since November and with AOD turned on without wallpaper…

Clamjuice65

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2023
Hello, do you have problem with burn in next to dynamic Island? It’ visible only on grey wallpaper and in dark room when brightnes is minimum. When brighynes have 15-20% and more i can’t see any issue. In attachment i add screen test and photos with issue.
Dynamic Island screen burn in are normal according to an Apple Genius Bar tech .

Larsvonhier

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2016
Germany, Black Forest
Two reasons it is not a "burn in":
- you say your phone is new (couple of days old only)
- the effect is aligned to the vertical cut out of the island and stretches across the whole width -> seems more like a quality problem with compensating the x/y pixel matrix drive strength or signal integrity due to the cutout region

I´d say, see an Apple store to have your unit checked (and you can have a look at other phones there to compare them to yours)...

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
That’s not burn in, burn in happens when the display shows the same thing for a longer time and that thing then stays visible when the original thing isn’t on the screen anymore.
What you are experiencing is a manufacturing defect, which is rather common with non-rectangular OLED screens. Call Apple.

rafal886

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2018
That’s not burn in, burn in happens when the display shows the same thing for a longer time and that thing then stays visible when the original thing isn’t on the screen anymore.
What you are experiencing is a manufacturing defect, which is rather common with non-rectangular OLED screens. Call Apple.
Intresting :) Do all units have it or just some?

rafal886

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2018
Two reasons it is not a "burn in":
- you say your phone is new (couple of days old only)
- the effect is aligned to the vertical cut out of the island and stretches across the whole width -> seems more like a quality problem with compensating the x/y pixel matrix drive strength or signal integrity due to the cutout region

I´d say, see an Apple store to have your unit checked (and you can have a look at other phones there to compare them to yours)...
In Apple Store i won’t check it because it’S only visible when britness is set to 0-5% and when i am in very dark room. In Real Life i can’t see it

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Intresting :) Do all units have it or just some?
Well, I guess to a degree all have that, in some form.
It was very noticeable with the release of the iPhone X, the upper corners left and right to the notch could appear less bright and saturated in lower light, this happens when the OLED panel is manufactured I believe. My current 11 Pro has it in the upper corners but only slightly. It’s a gamble which phone has it and which doesn’t.

Reactions: GYD

rafal886

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2018
Anyone had this problem and changed phone? New unit also have this problem? I wonder that replecment rapaired this issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.