Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

who is in for a better sales year based on E3 presentation

• microsoft

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • sony

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • nintendo

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tim2006

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
now that E3 is over who has the best presentation of the big 3. which console maker will have the better year based on 1st party games and better versions of 3rd party titles.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Next year? I'd say Sony but MS didn't look at next year at all ...minus RE5,Nintendo talked a little but mostly '07 stuff too......personal I'm care more about this year, then next year

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Nintendo.
Smash Bros Brawl, Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Kart, Batallion Wars, Wii Fitness, Advance Wars 2, Phantom Hourglass. All setting us up till Q1 2008.

Nintendo has this year oh-so sorted. Their lineup pre-xmas is insane. I can imagine another sold out period there.
What exactly did MS show us? Sorta seems quiet on that front. All eyes appear to be on Halo 3...

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Best line up for the next year? Ha!

Dammit, I'm still trying to figure out how to buy all of the games I want. Bio Shock, Assassin's Creed, Mario Super Strikers, Metroid 3, Halo 3, GTA IV, Guitar Hero III, Rock Band, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros., Mass Effect, and maybe a redesigned PSP if money magically appears in my wallet. I might have forgotten a game or two in that list...

Once we get into 2008, it's hard to tell what will be released. None of the three companies spoke too much about their 2008 plans. There's Metal Gear Solid 4 and Mario Kart, but that's all I'm looking forward to and aware of.

I think Nintendo had the most surprising line up. People seemed so sure that we'd only get two out of the three big games (Metroid, Brawl, and Mario) this year, but instead we're getting all three. Tough decision, but they're my pick.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I'm saying Nintendo just because the stuff coming out will be must buys for most owners. WiiFit may even cost more than 50 but I think over half will buy and I'm putting Galaxies as having many, many sold. Like almost everyone. Plus part of me is worried that Halo will be delayed like 2 was..they needed it before Xmas on the first Xbox and didn't get it...if they do the same this time around they're screwed...

Paul

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
We shall see. However one thing...

Take Nintendo, well it has DS & Wii

Is it then really fair to compare sales to sales to M$ who don't have a handheld ?

@ applekid...

Were not all getting ALL those games remember. Some of us wont see BRAWL to 2008

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
@ applekid...

Were not all getting ALL those games remember. Some of us wont see BRAWL to 2008

the topic is about the next year of gaming. I took it as "the next 365 days", some folk as 2008. Nowt about just 2007!

djstarrock

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
UK, Scotland, Glasgow
I think Nintendo are doing pretty good with them self.
I will of course buy:
Metroid 3
eledees
Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
Super Smash Bros.
Maybe buy:
Super Mario Galaxy

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
I'm slightly biased towards Nintendo's conference because I was sitting in it, but...

I haven't seen the other conferences yet. I was told Microsoft basically showed off everything they had already, and Sony announced some new exclusives and a nearly-indistinguishable slightly thinner PSP with a TV out.

Sony vs Nintendo really. The new exclusives are a big deal, but are mostly catch-up for previous mess-ups.

I'll go with Nintendo, but I admit that having been there I probably enjoyed it a lot more.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm slightly biased towards Nintendo's conference because I was sitting in it, but...

I haven't seen the other conferences yet. I was told Microsoft basically showed off everything they had already, and Sony announced some new exclusives and a nearly-indistinguishable slightly thinner PSP with a TV out.

Sony vs Nintendo really. The new exclusives are a big deal, but are mostly catch-up for previous mess-ups.

I'll go with Nintendo, but I admit that having been there I probably enjoyed it a lot more.

The way I see it, Microsoft has Halo 3 for the next year. Which is going to be a momentous event in gaming history, even if the single player sucks (again). Over at Gamefaqs Halo 3 was voted the most anticipated E3 game, so a big chunk of the gaming public are looking forward to that.

No games got me excited at Sony's event. Wasn't overwhelmed by any gameplay or graphics I saw, but the PSP "lite" was a surprise announcement and all was redeemed.

No hardware from Nintendo. Just solid launch dates for their first party games and the surprise announcement of Mario Kart Wii and several DS games

MS- Halo 3. Sony- PSP lite. Nintendo- software. IMO.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Sony took it hands down their 1st party title shined bright this time....Microsoft with bioshock/H3 standing out and Nintendo with mario galaxy and MP.

I'm going to say MS might make the most this time with Halo3 alone and Nintendo will do the same.

Now if Heavenly sword/Drake/Ratchet are all AAA titles then I'll have to edit this thing.

Bless

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
No hardware from Nintendo.

Wii Balance Board and Zapper are not hardware?

Anyway, it's either Ninty or Sony for press conference, but as far as the OP's "which will have the better year"...Nintendo. Microsoft will do great with Halo 3 though. But while Sony did a lot, they didn't do near enough to overtake the others.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Hardware as in consoles, which is understandable since Nintendo should cut down on the number of systems they release :D

According to the press Nintendo won... Which shows you how far apart casual and hardcore games are.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
It doesn't sound like much to the hardcore folks...but my wife has been wanting a wiifit type game since she first heard about the Wii from me. Lots more folks that like that kind of thing than Halo 3 no matter how great Halo 3 will or will not be. It's huge.

Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.