Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

who is in for a better sales year based on E3 presentation

• microsoft

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • sony

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • nintendo

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Count me out.
I will absolutely positively 100% not be picking up Wii Fit.

Different strokes for different folks. ;)

This is coming from someone who has actually tried it; it's good. I'd like to see a Tony Hawk game with it.

and its been done before.....Kinetic

What, are you serious? One's camera-based and doesn't see your feet, the other is pressure based and only sees your feet with perfect precision. Totally different technologies and gameplay styles, the ONLY thing in common is that they both have an exercise theme (gasp! Mario and Sonic were both platformers! Halo and Quake were both FPS!).

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've heard very good things about it too. No doubt I'll end up getting it just to see how it works (theres a bit of The Doctor in all of us :D ).

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
OK, how about the Power Pad and the DDR pad or even the 25 year old Atari JoyBoard. (if you want to talk about the accessory and not the game)
I think this game will sell well, but I also think it will find more of a niche market. (kind of like DDR and Kinetic)
Many who buy it will play it 5-6 times and then it will collect dust.
People who already exercise usually already have a routine, and casual/hardcore gamers won't find it as intriguing as you think(my personal opinion).

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
OK, how about the Power Pad and the DDR pad or even the 25 year old Atari JoyBoard. (if you want to talk about the accessory and not the game)
I think this game will sell well, but I also think it will find more of a niche market. (kind of like DDR and Kinetic)
Many who buy it will play it 5-6 times and then it will collect dust.
People who already exercise usually already have a routine, and casual/hardcore gamers won't find it as intriguing as you think(my personal opinion).

Comparing this thing to the Power Pad is like comparing the Wii remote to the Power Glove. Aka, the comparison retarded.

Whether it will find a niche market or not depends on how many games Nintendo makes for it and if third parties get in on it. First-party accessories sell better than third.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Captain Obvious?
If they're aiming this at the fitness market they have to accommodate for heavier folk. That's almost like saying "I hope my car will be able to drive far".

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
or, I hope my xbox 360 won't ROD on me.......:p
or, I hope my PS2 won't give me DRE's........;)
or, I hope my NES actualyl has good contacts in it........:eek:

Weight tested is one thing, kid tested is another.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
That means, while MGS4 and Killzone2 are very important to teh PlayStation franchise...they are merely scratches on the surface of an even more impressive list of things to unveil this year. Which is great news for PS3 owners around the globe. :D

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
I wonder if Kameo2 is going to be made - I really enjoyed the first.

I am also curious about viva pinata party animals the original is sooooooo frakin addictive

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
As someone who cares about ones health - I can't wait for it. With the number of overweight people in the world I can see how folk wouldn't care for this ;)

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
As someone who cares about ones health - I can't wait for it. With the number of overweight people in the world I can see how folk wouldn't care for this ;)

Yeah but I am pretty sure you own everything Nintendo slaps a label on Jimmi, even the limited edition Super Mario vibrator.

but saying that Wii Fit owns EVERYTHING, meaning all the games coming out that we saw at E3, seriously? Wii Fit is the pinnacle of gaming?

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Honestly, I heard Jericho looked better than anything else that was playable.
As far as best of show, I'd have to say Mario Galaxy or Killzone won the award.
(of course one come out this year and one comes out next)

btw - sikkinixx love the avatar(thats a great album) ;)

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
are you joking? honestly.

1. I'd rather play Wii Fit over anything else at E3 (though there was a lot of great stuff).

2. Wii Fit will outsell anything else shown at E3 globally.

so, no I wasn't. I apologise if bald space marines with big guns don't get me all excited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.