Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Jack Thompson barges on stage and immolate himself to protest violent video games?

Personally, I'd like to learn more about Wii Ware. A price war between PS3 and 360 would be nice (for consumers ^_^).

I'd like Nintendo to address the issue of our Wii memory filling up pretty fast. Either an external drive or the ability to run virtual console games from SD cards. (I don't like the though of swapping games between SD cards and internal memory) The issue will only become more obvious once Wii Ware is launched.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Some of my predictions:

Assassins Creed will only be shown to a select group of journos and will (at this stage) be a stinker.

The Nintendo conference will be enthusiastically attended.

Wii Sports 2 will 'win' this years E3 (if it's announced).

Metal Gear Solid 4 announced as a PS3 and Xbox360 title.

LittleBigPlanet will be the PS3 title of the show.

Microsoft will deny that there is anything wrong with the design of the 360.

The Halo 3 trailer will have grown men and women crying.

The 'new' Legend of Zelda trailer will have even more grown men and women crying (if it's announced).

The DS will be the most popular console of the event.

The developers, publishers and journos will all be wanting the return of the 'old' E3 by the end of the event.

(I also predict that all of my above predictions will be wrong except for the last one. :p )

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
My Predictions:

Price drop for Nothing: Sony comes out and still says that PS3 is still cheap and we should pay for it.

Retailers tell Sony something else than what Sony believes.

Playable GTA IV is a must for both platforms. Same with COD4 and Halo 3.

Halo 3 single player demo with updated graphics to make up for the less than stellar graphics from the beta. MS Defines promo strategy for Halo 3.

Splinter Cell: Conviction blows every one away.

Nintendo showcases Strikers online, Metroid Prime: Corruption, Mario Galaxy Playable with new demo, Smash Bros. Playable.

Square will video of Final Fantasy IV for the DS and how it is coming along.

Blizzard will have some nice Starcraft II stuff.

Just remember, this is for sellers of games and i forget who else. I pedict more playable stuff than just amping stuff up like in the past. That's what E for All is for.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
I was too...then I said forget it, and picked up a white one...hopefully I won't be screwed over, but Sony has a long history of support older hardware.

It'll be like the PSOne; smaller, lighter, cooler, better.

If it's cheaper or has a built in flash drive a la rumors I might even think of buying one.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
E3 Media & Business Summit July 11-13 in Santa Monica site is here.

Took me a lot of trys to find it. Public show, E for All will be October 18-21 at LA Convention Center.

Yeah, but E3 is going to be where the big announcements are made. Companies save their big announcements for the press.

Remember, the old E3 was cancelled because companies thought it was too big and hectic to get their information out. E for All is basically the old E3 except anyone and their brother can attend; it'll be even worse. Companies will let people play their games to inspire hype but they'll save most of the big stuff for E3 and E3 will have MUCH smaller lines. :D

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Some of my predictions:

Assassins Creed will only be shown to a select group of journos and will (at this stage) be a stinker.

The Nintendo conference will be enthusiastically attended.

Wii Sports 2 will 'win' this years E3 (if it's announced).

Metal Gear Solid 4 announced as a PS3 and Xbox360 title.

LittleBigPlanet will be the PS3 title of the show.

Microsoft will deny that there is anything wrong with the design of the 360.

The Halo 3 trailer will have grown men and women crying.

The 'new' Legend of Zelda trailer will have even more grown men and women crying (if it's announced).

The DS will be the most popular console of the event.

The developers, publishers and journos will all be wanting the return of the 'old' E3 by the end of the event.

(I also predict that all of my above predictions will be wrong except for the last one. :p )

I think Sonc & Mario At The Olympics will be Wii Sports 2.

I don't think there will be a new Wii Zelda game till next year's E3 but I could be wrong.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006

I don't think there will be a new Wii Zelda game till next year's E3 but I could be wrong.

Hence my footnote protecting me of all liability for my predictions!

:p

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of AWESOME!

And if they confirm either way that SSBB won't have or WILL have online play, I will weep. Outof sadness and jubilation respectively.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
And if they confirm either way that SSBB won't have or WILL have online play, I will weep. Outof sadness and jubilation respectively.

I belive it has already been confirmed. So maybe some info on how online play will work would be better news.:)

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
playable smash bros and galaxy and a release date in november.

demo of mario and sonic at the olympics, we haven't seen much of this.

and about e3, someone had a video of youtube about what the old e3 was about, but they canned it and moved it back so it was closer to the big fall season before the holidays.

no zelda demo until next year though, but an announcement of a new pilot wings and f-zero game, and possibly a video preview.

ds will see some sort of upgrade, likely tied to the wii.

ps3 pricedrop/gimmick announced, in stores by year's end.

kingdom hearts 3 will be ported to the wii, demo.

mrkamputee

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2006
Sony announces the PS3 Lead Weight Ed ("we're proud to now guarantee that you can break limbs with the PS3").

... announces LittleBigPlanet was just a joke, "you bought a PS3 for it? Gutted."

TLoZ: Phantom Hourglass is renamed the Translucent Egg Timer for Euro/US release. Nintendo announces "it's never coming to Europe, PS we hate you, no Mario Galaxies either." PAL Wiis all over simultaneously emit a puff of smoke and cease to function.

Dead Rising 2 for Wii, the Zombie Skull Smashing Edition, it is immediately banned in the UK.

Microsoft capitalises on this and proudly states "broken XBOX 360s for everyone."

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Sony announces the PS3 Lead Weight Ed ("we're proud to now guarantee that you can break limbs with the PS3").

... announces LittleBigPlanet was just a joke, "you bought a PS3 for it? Gutted."

TLoZ: Phantom Hourglass is renamed the Translucent Egg Timer for Euro/US release. Nintendo announces "it's never coming to Europe, PS we hate you, no Mario Galaxies either." PAL Wiis all over simultaneously emit a puff of smoke and cease to function.

Dead Rising 2 for Wii, the Zombie Skull Smashing Edition, it is immediately banned in the UK.

Microsoft capitalises on this and proudly states "broken XBOX 360s for everyone."

Methinks that you're not taking this seriously.

mrkamputee

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2006
Methinks that you're not taking this seriously.

I've been rumbled. :)

My Wii died last night you see, after I attempted to play my just bought copy of Resident Evil 4... and well, it's off to Nintendo now, poor thing. That's every current gen console (360, DS, Wii) I've had that has crapped out and needed replacing now.

Seriously though...I'd really be happy with a euro date for Mario Galaxies and the unlikely appearance of a sequel to Dead Rising. I'm sure Nintendo will announce all sorts of things about WiiWare which make it so much crapper than it could've been.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!

Sonic is like the town bicycle now. Everyone has a turn. Sonic used to be so awesome. Now he is all happy with Mario (seriously...thats like the Yankees and Red Sox going "hey! lets make one team") and getting a ******* RPG from Bioware? Seriously...dude...

XNine

macrumors 68040
I highly doubt MGS4 will be on the 360. Hideo himself has said that it COULD run on it, but he's never said that it will. Let's not forget that Hideo is a control freak over the series. Regardless, MG on an Xbox controller sucks horribly.

Ever play MGS2 on the original Xbox? Yeah, it was garbage. Since MGS4 is being coded to work on the Cell, which is a lot different than the POWERPC chip (IBM) in the 360, I highly doubt that Hideo will want to take the time, money, and effort into porting it, at least any time in the near future.

I'm just waiting to see the new offering by developers. Hopefully some new and interesting things will come down the pipe.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I saw a trailer for that, it looked nice but I was scrambling around trying to look for any evidence of gameplay. Just looked like a tech demo to me.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Alan Wake...Haven't seen that in a while..thats my kind of title. I agree with you Oni but if it do get ported I think that will be in 2009. MGS for the box was horrible but I dont thing the fanboys would mind...they just want to see sony go down.

I read somewhere that Hideo is working on a new IP for the 360....that should be more important than porting MGS4.

I'm very interest in Heavy Rain...I really want to see whats that about and it also seems as this will be a PS3 exclusive.

Bless

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I saw a trailer for that, it looked nice but I was scrambling around trying to look for any evidence of gameplay. Just looked like a tech demo to me.

It more or less was. But it looked sweet none the less. I just remember them showing it turn from day to night and at night Alan's nightmares or whatever come alive and try to hunt him down. It looked crazy good. It is still coming out on 360 at some point (MS bought the studio who is making it)

I know it's the staple of E3 (or whats left of it) but I would love it if devs didn't show a game till it was almost done. Gets you hyped for nothing. Remember Gears? How damn amazing those screenshots looked? The game looked amazing, but no where NEAR the quality of those first few screens. And let's not even go towards Killzone 2 or Motorstorm....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.