Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illustratorDavi

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2004
North Yorkshire
I've been playing the multiplayer demo of bf 2142 in boot camp and it seems rubbish compared to battlefield 1942

Had a quick go of need for speed - i think thats going to be a let down aswell :/

FreedomFighter

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
True, all that is true but I have searched and the only thing that is near a release date is the websites that say July 2007.

I wish I could help you out more :(

barryp

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2004
Los Angeles
Dear EA,

Don't send your fans dates that you can't make. There is nothing more disappointing than a missed release-date. I know the whole process is complicated and subject to setbacks, I'm just sayin... don't set 'July' expectations when it is really gonna be August or September...

(or did I miss something - did BF2142 release for Mac yesterday?)

iProd

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
Boston
Don't send your fans dates that you can't make. There is nothing more disappointing than a missed release-date. I know the whole process is complicated and subject to setbacks, I'm just sayin... don't set 'July' expectations when it is really gonna be August or September...

(or did I miss something - did BF2142 release for Mac yesterday?)

Yeah, and they should let people know if they can't make that deadline as well. EA, TransGaming, and Apple have left us all in the dark on this whole thing. That's pretty ****** right thar

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
Macgamestore pre-order Harry Potter

Macgamestore says its taking pre-orders on the Harry Potter game from EA...

http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=15517

As far as the supposed Apple exclusive deal, Tuncer in the comments section says it looks like it was dropped...

(Jan @ August 15th 2007, 09:14 AM)
That's great news, finally an EA game is on its way (even though their anti-communication towards press and customers is a huge let-down).

But what about that exclusive Apple Store-deal, Tuncer?

It seems that idea was finally nixed.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I tried contacting EA about this. But I got an automated response that more or less told me to f**k off. Suffice to say, I'm disappointed in EA for totally dropping the ball. :mad:

How hard could it be to just keep us up to date on when the hell this stuff is coming out instead of keeping us all in the dark?:mad::mad::mad:

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
As I mentioned in the Madden 08 thread, cider has been leaked, and there are people ciderizing games themselves, and leaking those, too. Judging by the fact that seemingly anyone can ciderize a game, you'd think EA, of all companies, could do it with little effort. Mac users are getting shafted, again. There's no reason for a delay. I don't even own an Intel Mac, but this is such a classless move on EA's part that it makes me angry, even though I can't play these games anyway.

JPark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2006
From appleinsider.com: http://www.appleinsider.com/article...claims_of_simultaneous_mac_game_releases.html

"In speaking to AppleInsider, the spokesperson nonetheless claimed that four ports of previously released titles -- Battlefield 2142, Command and Conquer 3, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and Need for Speed Carbon -- were already available in stores. As of press time, however, EA was unable to provide the name of a single store at which customers could purchase any of the titles."

It scares me that EA isn't even aware that their games aren't on the shelves yet. It was frustrating enough that I couldn't find any info on these games, but you'd think at least EA would know.

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
I posted this post in another related thread, but I'll repeat it here:

Yesterday, I received a letter from EA's PR team regarding the release date for their Cider-based games. For some background, I operate my Mac-related review site over at MacBrilliance.com, and I requested that EA send me review copies of the new games.

The email I received is as follows:
Hi Louis, Sorry that it has taken me until today to get back to you,
thanks for your patience.

Good news - EA's Battlefield 2142, Need for Speed Carbon, Harry Potter
and the Order of the Phoenix and Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars for
Mac OSX have shipped and will be in stores soon. We will add you to the
review list that is going out in the next few days. Please send me your
mailing address.

Madden NFL 08 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08 are shipping in the
September/October timeframe. This is a huge leap compared with past
launches. We've shorted the gap between the Mac launch and other
platforms to just a few weeks. Over time, as EA gains experience in
completing and shipping Mac games, the gap will narrow. As those games
become ready for review, we'll send those to you as well

EA is very passionate about Mac. We see the Mac as a dynamic platform.
We are very excited to get these games in the hands of Mac users.

Thanks
Trudy

So to summarize, most of the game are "coming soon," while NFL and PGA Tour 08 are both coming in a month or so. Looks promising!

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
Hmmm no new news since 2005? Are you just trying to score free games:rolleyes:

No, my CMS database died on me a few weeks ago. The most recent backup I had of it was in 2005 before I changed servers. The problem with my last hosting provider was that it did not correctly back up and restore MySQL data, so my backups past 2005 became corrupted. Aside from that, I was planning on dropping the news page and front page since they don't really serve much of a purpose. Between redesigning the site and reimporting all of the data by hand, it's taken some time.

If you were wondering, I have completed reviews in the meantime, they're just posted to different sites since MB is currently having problems.

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
I tried contacting EA about this. But I got an automated response that more or less told me to f**k off. Suffice to say, I'm disappointed in EA for totally dropping the ball. :mad:

How hard could it be to just keep us up to date on when the hell this stuff is coming out instead of keeping us all in the dark?:mad::mad::mad:

The games are now available with estimated 7-10 days shipping @ the Apple Store only.

Does anyone know if cross-platform multiplayer will work in C&C3? In the past most of these ports did not allow Windows and Mac head to head network games.

Anyone know if these cider things will make a difference?

Cheers,

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
No, my CMS database died on me a few weeks ago. The most recent backup I had of it was in 2005 before I changed servers. The problem with my last hosting provider was that it did not correctly back up and restore MySQL data, so my backups past 2005 became corrupted. Aside from that, I was planning on dropping the news page and front page since they don't really serve much of a purpose. Between redesigning the site and reimporting all of the data by hand, it's taken some time.

If you were wondering, I have completed reviews in the meantime, they're just posted to different sites since MB is currently having problems.

Fair enough then;)

applemacbook

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2007
macbook madden?

the first four ea games won't even work on macbooks! i hope madden will. the GMA 950 is in all macbooks:

"Note: This game does not support the GMA950 integrated graphics card. "

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
2142, C&C on the 28th

The games are now available with estimated 7-10 days shipping @ the Apple Store only.

Macworld is giving dates...
http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/08/17/eaships/index.php

Need for Speed Carbon and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix are both going to be available in Apple retail stores beginning Tuesday, August 21, while Battlefield 2142 and Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars will be available a week later, on the 28th.

Customers looking for the games will need to go specifically to Apple’s retail or online stores. The titles aren’t available anywhere else. Apple confirmed to Macworld that the games are exclusive to the Apple stores, at least for the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.