Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Facing a problem. i redeemed the code. and it started downloading. i moved away from my mac. and it slept. it stopped downloading and now i cant redeem that code again. What can be done?

Update: i just checked my purchases. it was there. I just resumed downloading. thanks

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
damn u apple! am in the middle of a big project, so will wait until next week to install/play with/and cry about the public beta. woohoo!

SG-

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
need a build number on public beta, just want to confirm it's same as DP Beta 3 build.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Facing a problem. i redeemed the code. and it started downloading. i moved away from my mac. and it slept. it stopped downloading and now i cant redeem that code again. What can be done?

Update: i just checked my purchases. it was there. I just resumed downloading. thanks

I see it under "purchases", but it just says "waiting".

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Dumb questions follow:

I'm currently downloading the public beta now, or at least Software Update -says- that it's downloading.

But...
... I can't find the location to where it's going.

Does this go to your Applications folder?
If so, nothing shows there, no download in progress, no temp file, nothing?

Where should I be looking?

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Dumb questions follow:

I'm currently downloading the public beta now, or at least Software Update -says- that it's downloading.

But...

It does eventually end up in the Applications folder.

hojx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2014
Singapore
Dumb questions follow:

But...

Look for it in Launchpad

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
When it is downloading it is called OS X El Capitan Public Beta.

After it finishes downloading the name changes to Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.

They should both appear in your Applications folder.

There is an exception to this however. If you have an old version of it somewhere, a new version may replace the old one wherever it may be on your system.

This is why if you back up old versions on an external hard drive, you should disconnect the drive when downloading new versions.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I'm currently using it. I really haven't put it through its paces, but do have to say that-if nothing else-I prefer San Francisco to Helvetica Neue although still miss Lucida Grande.

I'll play around with it this weekend-I'm going to boot back into 10.9 in the next couple of minutes :)

FWIW, I downloaded it from the App Store within 10.9 and then booted into my(rarely used) 10.10 partition for installation. I was able to navigate to the Application Folder within my 10.9 partition from 10.10 and install from there.

hojx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2014
Singapore
New supplemental update in App Store
Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 1.55.47 AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.