Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teh_hunterer

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2021
What does Elon Musk hope to accomplish by pandering to right wing maga followers? Does he think it will help Tesla sell more electric vehicles and solar panels? It hasn't worked on people such as Marjorie Green, Lauren Bobert or Trump who continue to spread lies about EVs and solar energy. Does Musk think the pandering will reduce the occurrences of road ragers harassing drivers of Tesla and other EVs:

This really depends on what you consider to be right, far right, MAGA etc. What Elon has been saying since he bought Twitter appeals to me because free speech and censorship are really important to me.

If the democratic party was a party in my country, I wouldn't vote for them because they're too far to the right of me. So it's quite possible that there is a vast chunk of people who really are centre or centre left and also agree with what he's saying.

I don't know what painting him as far right really accomplishes.

ksj1

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2018
I'm not sure I buy it. Not a word from Apple about the whole thing. Personally I think this is Musk backtracking on a dumb move with his largest advertiser.

And I don't think we'll hear a word about it from Apple in the future regarding this episode.

Anyone check the EXIF in those photos BTW? NM, they are just screen shots so could be from any time he might have been there.

erikkfi

macrumors 68000
May 19, 2017
Tim Cook delicately managing a relationship with a mercurial, thin-skinned billionaire who prefers public fights and fact-free grandstanding. Sounds awfully familiar but I can’t put my finger on it.

NY Guitarist

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Tim Cook delicately managing a relationship with a mercurial, thin-skinned billionaire who prefers public fights and fact-free grandstanding. Sounds awfully familiar but I can’t put my finger on it.
Reminds of Tim Apple and the Orange stable genius.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
That is just fantasy delusion. You'd have to be rabidly political to be talking like that.
Musk actually did go to Tim. Musk did humbly/publicly clear up the misunderstanding and Tim still hasn't said a word. What I find interesting though was you attacking my character but never addressed any of the facts I stated? I guess when folks lack data to support their opinion, they resort to name calling. Childish.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
Lol. You wish.

Go read the last week of Elon Bashing Apple up and down Twitter. Then... all of the sudden, its a miss understanding and Apple has never even considered removing Twitter from the App Store.

Never ever ever underestimate Apples Greed and it's Pride.
Sounds like you are invested in Elon and you don't like seeing him humbled. Don't worry. Give him a week and he'll be firing randoms and running even more lives. Maybe that will lift your spirits.

teh_hunterer

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2021
Musk actually did go to Tim. Musk did humbly/publicly clear up the misunderstanding and Tim still hasn't said a word. What I find interesting though was you attacking my character but never addressed any of the facts I stated? I guess when folks lack data to support their opinion, they resort to name calling. Childish.

You really are rabidly political if you're talking about there being "data" to support your opinion. Your interpretation is purely speculation.

I never asserted anything that happened. My opinion is only that you have no idea what took place. And you don't.

Reactions: LD517

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
What i find hilarious is how many people here were calling Elon far right and a fascist the last couple days. And now he is at Apple HQ on a personal tour with Tim.

Kinda proves he isn’t that, doesn’t it? Tim obviously knows he isn’t.

That is what the left wing is for you. They spread constant misinformation and not a single censorship for it.

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
Those people in MacRumors who want Twitter getting removed from App Store because of Elon Musk are ridiculous for foreigners. Unbelievably double standards.
Funny, to appeal to the sentiment of foreigners from someone, who regards the US as the default country which doesn't even need to be specified.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
It’s believed, regardless of the truth, because of Apple’s prior behavior. Remember, they did ban Parler.
Why did they remove Parler?

Apple
“We have always supported diverse points of view being represented on the App Store, but there is no place on our platform for threats of violence and illegal activity. Parler has not taken adequate measures to address the proliferation of these threats to people’s safety. We have suspended Parler from the App Store until they resolve these issues,”

Google also removed them.

Notwithstanding, Twitter hasn't changed its moderation policy. Apple had no reason to ban them, and they haven’t threatened to and they haven’t done it, so the facts speak for themselves.

remember facts?

If people want to believe Apple threatened to, because of something a person known to lie, intimidate and threaten (Musk), then good luck to them. It just shows how gullible they are, and frankly I feel sorry for them.

Reactions: Tagbert

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
Because the truth doesn't matter. It's just power, and any argument that works is a valuable weapon to obtain power.
Talk about distortion field. What reality do you live in? The left wants power and spreads misinformation? Have you looked at the right for example? Victimhood, lies, divisiveness, and fear mongering. Sadly, you seem to live deep in those echo chambers ready to insult anyone that has an opinion that differs from yours. Pray for our planet!

teh_hunterer

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2021
Talk about distortion field. What reality do you live in? The left wants power and spreads misinformation? Have you looked at the right for example? Victimhood, lies, divisiveness, and fear mongering. Sadly, you seem to live deep in those echo chambers ready to insult anyone that has an opinion that differs from yours. Pray for our planet!

This is my point, you are so political that you're having a conversation with someone who isn't remotely me.

Reactions: LD517

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Indeed. Chinese protestors think different, Apple shuts down Airdrop so that the Chinese government can more easily hammer these Chinese protestors down.

It shows what Apple stands for.
To be fair Elon would do the same if China said jump.

Reactions: Tagbert
Aug 30, 2022
In all seriousness, I hope to God you are right. But the way Elon Musk has been acting lately, it's scary. Maybe today he was on his best behavior at Apple Park.
“Update: Musk says that he and Cook resolved a misunderstanding about Twitter potentially being removed from the ‌App Store‌, which Cook said Apple had not considered.”

See, I was kinda right! Btw, kudos for spotting Tim’s shadow in the vid :D. I’m a great admirer of both people. Tim is smart and it wouldn’t surprise me if Tim took the initiative and invited Elon to Apple Park to clear things up and Elon happily accepted. This is imo how grown ups should behave. Great story!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.