Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
“Update: Musk says that he and Cook resolved a misunderstanding about Twitter potentially being removed from the ‌App Store‌, which Cook said Apple had not considered.”

See, I was kinda right! Btw, kudos for spotting Tim’s shadow in the vid :D. I’m a great admirer of both people. Tim is smart and it wouldn’t surprise me that he took the initiative annd invited Elon to Apple Park to clear things up and Elon happily accepted. This is imo how grown ups should behave. Great story!

Yet 2 days ago, you had Musk acting like a petulant child, crying over why Apple has dropped their ads from Twitter. Yet he is a grown up and how a grown up should behave? That's laughable.

However, I'll bite.. A prominent figure in the conservative realm, which a lot of conservatives tend to worship, said something rather prophetic years ago:

Trust... but verify. - Ronald Reagan

With how contradictory Musk has been over the years, I'd be more inclined to believe that we have spy satellites over Monaco, Vatican City, Andorra, and Lichtenstein than what comes out of his mouth.

BL.

Aug 30, 2022
Yet 2 days ago, you had Musk acting like a petulant child, crying over why Apple has dropped their ads from Twitter. Yet he is a grown up and how a grown up should behave? That's laughable.

However, I'll bite.. A prominent figure in the conservative realm, which a lot of conservatives tend to worship, said something rather prophetic years ago:

Trust... but verify. - Ronald Reagan

With how contradictory Musk has been over the years, I'd be more inclined to believe that we have spy satellites over Monaco, Vatican City, Andorra, and Lichtenstein than what comes out of his mouth.

BL.
Your reply to my post is nonsensical.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Your reply to my post is nonsensical.

Because you want it to be nonsensical. You supply an "update" for something that happened, but let's call it out. Source your "update". Hence the "trust, but verify" quote I posted.

In short, cite where this update came from, or retract it. You've been around here long enough to know the rules of the forum.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Yet two days ago, you had Musk haters acting like petulant children, crying over every tweet, and generally - posting about him more than even Elon lovers do! That's laughable.

Aug 30, 2022
Because you want it to be nonsensical. You supply an "update" for something that happened, but let's call it out. Source your "update". Hence the "trust, but verify" quote I posted.

In short, cite where this update came from, or retract it. You've been around here long enough to know the rules of the forum.
Bruh, relax. I quoted Macrumors “update” from the OP itself. LOL. Have a wonderful day my friend! ✌🏼

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Yet two days ago, you had Musk haters acting like petulant children, crying over every tweet, and generally - posting about him more than even Elon lovers do! That's laughable.

That's Freedom of Speech. Don't like it? DPRK is the country for you.

BL.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
And it seems twitter and apple are quite happy together now! Happy ending! But you didn't want that, you wanted your side to win.

Please cite where I said that I didn't want that, or wanted my side to win. Cite, or retract.

BL.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
They talked about what they’re planning to have for dinner on Christmas Eve. Musk said he was looking forward to having cooked apples and Cook said he was looking forward to roasted musk deer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: steve09090

m4mario

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2017
San Francisco Bay Area
Joy to the world, and sad day for the trolls.
Some Twitter users were really hoping Apple removed Twitter from the App Store and they could finally stop using Twitter, once their current iPhones stop working off course.

threesixty360

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
I don’t think there was any dispute. He probably had a meeting planned anyway. Tim would have said it’s the first I’ve heard of any issue. Musk would have blamed someone at twitter who’ll probably get fired to make a point.
All BS and distraction. Straight out of the Trump / Bannon playbook.
And everyone falls for it.

I wish no one reported on this guy anymore but the reality is it’s a soap opera with guys like this (read Kanye, Trump, Musk etc). And soap opera’s are interesting, not because of what they are about, but rather people like the twists and turns. That’s what’s exciting about them. They are like mental rollercoasters.

It’s now going to be hard to avoid the twists and turns when the guy that owns the messaging system and has the most followers is also extremely chatty.

Maybe news journalists will learn that starving the fire from oxygen is how you put it out…

Reactions: ksj1 and steve09090

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Maybe news journalists will learn that starving the fire from oxygen is how you put it out…

Never going to happen. Threads like this show that there is a huge appetite for news pertaining Elon Musk, which result in high levels of engagement regardless of whether you are for or against him. More views means more ad revenue and to put it bluntly, news organisations are financially incentivised to fan the fire instead of starving it.

black_knight

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2021
Self made billionaires are a fan fiction. There's no such thing as self made billionaire or millionaire unless you win the lottery.
Even winning a substantial lottery jackpot requires the help of other people. Literally nobody acquires wealth on their own.

Nobody gets to where they are in life without the help and dependence on other people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.