Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
this is a concern of mine in the  years approaching making a holy matrimony commitment to Mojave.
those "scary"security updates are nonsense for me, just using iCloud to sync safari will be missed.
i gave up trying to figure out how to get apple software running on apple' mountain lion this year, while everything worked in 2020.
Hello. I bought my iMac 27 1T Fusion drive in 2013. Ot came installed with ML. Never upgraded the internal HD. I us external SSD for upgrades. So I'm using Mojave. Sometimes I boot from te internal HD and in 2021 only Safari works bad. Mail, Aperture, Lightroom, Office, etc works fine if they have been kept on the last version ML could accept. Replace Safari with Firefox Legacy and all will be fine. Just don't expect ML to be Mojave, Catalina and up. Keep in mind, you're working like you did in 2013. And believe me, the difference is not that much big. Maybe using iPhoto is the worst compromise. But that's all.

Reactions: R2FX

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Hello. I bought my iMac 27 1T Fusion drive in 2013. Ot came installed with ML. Never upgraded the internal HD. I us external SSD for upgrades. So I'm using Mojave. Sometimes I boot from te internal HD and in 2021 only Safari works bad. Mail, Aperture, Lightroom, Office, etc works fine if they have been kept on the last version ML could accept. Replace Safari with Firefox Legacy and all will be fine. Just don't expect ML to be Mojave, Catalina and up. Keep in mind, you're working like you did in 2013. And believe me, the difference is not that much big. Maybe using iPhoto is the worst compromise. But that's all.
thanks for the reply
my beef is adobe stopping the use of SC3 on our great green earth
today is was trying to do something on mountain loin and the lion roared and said NOOOO!
then licked itself, now i realize why  uses Californian themes instead of cats.
oh such fun!

WLE Inc

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2022
Depends on what you mean by "end of the road." I intend to run Mojave for quite a few years more. It does everything I need, and (almost) nothing I don't.

If Apple breaks iCloud compatibility at some point, I'll be migrating to Google/Microsoft services (I'm already half-way out the door).

Don't keep all your eggs in one basket.
Yeah, right me too. After Mojave, everything just don't work as well. It seems like Mac OS got to a perfect little spot, and then went back down hill. Oh well, I'm using Mojave with iTunes, which is WAY better than the new apps

George Dawes

Suspended
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
I’m keeping my iMac on mojave but getting a new Mac soon probably the base studio , that’s the only way I’m using the up,to date macOS , I’ve had far too many problems in the past updating Mac os’s , don’t need that stress anymore thx ?

Reactions: madrich and Idgit

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
Yeah, right me too. After Mojave, everything just don't work as well. It seems like Mac OS got to a perfect little spot, and then went back down hill. Oh well, I'm using Mojave with iTunes, which is WAY better than the new apps
I was stressing over itunes -> music. Turns out my locally stored music that I ripped or purchased on Amazon and put in itunes simply drug over to Music. It just worked. Messed up some album covers but I don't really care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.