Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retroworldnews

macrumors member
May 19, 2019
For me yes. The Magic Trackpad 2 has “delay, lag, stutter, sudden jump” right from the very first day of using it. My iMac M3 shipped with Ventura but I was prompt to update to Sonoma during setup. Soon as it was done the issue was very noticeable. When plugged in by cable the issues were gone. I ran safe mode once to clean up cache and it was much better but still happening to often. Now after 2 updates it’s way better. It doesn’t happen often anymore and when it does it’s vert minimal that i never really notice or got used to it and subconsciously adjust my finger movement To compensate. Run safe mode and make sure you updated. It will be better.
Actually I do google search around, I noticed in Apple community there one fellow post but no reply. I thought maybe just few of the users encounter this " weird minor problem come trackpad? " So I post here ask around. In fact come the keyboard I also feel weird compare with the old keyboard uses in the old iMac while press delete like say you type one sentence wrongly. The speed seem smoother than the new apple keyboard . I using is the default keyboard which come with the m3 iMac. I do update the OSX but is not on safe mode. Just go settings and check any new update from there do the updates. I " suspect is due to OSX problem. " Seem like you also mention here. Partly the old iMac I never update it OSX.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.