Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you think apple products revolutionise your life?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sorenhornum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2016
When is Apple going to realise that pretty much everything they are doing is OLD!? They keep saying that its revolutionary, and that everything is changed, and that it will make our lives sooooOOOoOOooOOooo much better! It is nonsense and anyone who believes it needs to take a step back and just look at what Apple actually release compared to competitors. It is all great hardware and software, but the in terms of terminology Apple is literally lying to its customers.

Now I still buy Apple products, not because they are innovative or better than competitors in any technical way whatsoever, but because I like the way they look. So typing out this message on a 5 year old macbook pro is more "painful" than ever when we once again see apple forget about it's laptop users. I have been waiting for a "real" update to the Macbook Pro 15 for over two years. That update that will make the MBP cutting edge again, but it never seems to happen. And I expect that before the next anticipated release of new laptops in June-September sometime, that whatever "revolutionary" tech Apple is planning for their top tier laptops that it will be once again technology that most people will simply go "meh..." at or if you are clever enough to be a high end PC user will just laugh at.

So, for the first time in probably 6 years I caught myself actively shopping for alternatives to a Mac yesterday, because I am sick of sitting around waiting for years to pay top dollar for outdated hardware. But I can't get myself to get one. Why...? It's not hard to see that what Apple is doing with their branding is working. It's almost as if they are tapping into my primordial instincts to believe in something greater than man, in fact they promise that life itself will get better with a Apple product in it. They build "cathedrals" of glass and stone where they display their polished products on wooden alters. They portray a perfect world in their shiny imagery and promise that it will remain perfect for generations to comes due to their sustainable practices. And you won't find a higher diversity of "different people" anywhere in the worlds compared to an Apple store, everyone is welcome! They are even incorporating ceremonies into their branding in various forms, like when Steve Jobs laid down a rose on a coffin with a Mac os 9 inside to eulogise the "death" of one OS and the birth of another. But also in that everything someone leaves an apple store with a new iPhone or MacBook you have the chance to get an applause from that incredibly diverse staff mentioned above.

I have come to realise that I can't escape this, I have been converted to Apple(ism) and as far as Windows branding and advertising goes, I am far, faaaar away from being converted back. All I am asking is for apple to either please stop lying and promising us an revolutionised life with Apple products and their frankly quite normal hardware, or to actually release something groundbreaking and claim back the right to use those words with a real meaning!

To cap of my little rant I would just like to say that I dont really know where I am going with this, but it was nice to get it of my chest nonetheless.

countryside

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2016
Glad you feel better. I also want to say that I feel the pain. I want a cutting edge MacBook again.

Jethrox

macrumors member
May 10, 2015
Boulder, Colorado
I'm sitting on some data Apple tech and was hoping for more today....like new MacBook tech or integrated OS (maybe June). But other factors in the future are integration, teathering and intelligent virtual spaces.

Sorenhornum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2016
For me I dont care as much about software upgrades, they can take as long as the want with those, but the fact that for the last 4 years+ they have constantly been behind on hardware annoys me! YES it probably creates a lot of hype for the products and YES, they might sell more that way. But they keep saying they want to make better products for the consumer, so why not ditch the ridiculous update cycle for once and actually give the consumers a product that isn't just the same as before in a thinner case with the revolution slogan attached to it... Practice what you preach Apple!

(replace "baby" with "apple" in this song:
and it makes perfect sense for how I feel right now... kinda)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.