Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
I don't buy it... it sounds too comical and lighthearted for an Apple event where they're releasing one of the biggest gambles of their lifetime. You would want many wealthy and serious people to support you, and having a laughfest doesn't sound like a great way to do that.

...Shame on the lack of mentions of sideloading, but iPad lockscreen customization is a big win; of course, only if this script isn't made up. :1

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I don't buy it... it sounds too comical and lighthearted for an Apple event where they're releasing one of the biggest gambles of their lifetime. You would want many wealthy and serious people to support you, and having a laughfest doesn't sound like a great way to do that.

...Shame on the lack of mentions of sideloading, but iPad lockscreen customization is a big win; of course, only if this script isn't made up. :1

Yeah, it's kind of hard to figure out how legit this is.

I do question why a rather notable website is publishing this, but at the same time, none of the other Apple news sites have picked up on it. Perhaps later today.

Reactions: KurtWilde

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Last year: We haven’t actually got the script, and even if we had we’d dutifully send it back in hopes of avoiding a visit from the police.

Thank you for that.

So why didn't the website put this same blurb in their latest article?

Certainly, it makes the article more likely to be false, but man, don't put that stuff out there without including a "gotcha!"

Reactions: NC12

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Booooo! For shame. This script must be a piece of baloney after all.

I just sent an email to the editor blasting him for posting this without giving proper notice that none of it was true.

Ethosik

Contributor
Oct 21, 2009
I don’t care one bit about AR/VR or a MacBook Air. As long as the new Mac Studio or Mac Pro is discussed, I will be happy.

ricketysquire

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2020
I wish they'd have a real live keynote, rather than the recorded stuff. There was just something magical about watching Steve demo Tiger live and mock Windows while doing so. Or when Steve pulled the MacBook Air out of a large envelope when it was first announced. I feel like that's lost when it's all pre-recorded and seems kind of lazy.

anselpela

Suspended
May 17, 2023
I wish they'd have a real live keynote, rather than the recorded stuff. There was just something magical about watching Steve demo Tiger live and mock Windows while doing so. Or when Steve pulled the MacBook Air out of a large envelope when it was first announced. I feel like that's lost when it's all pre-recorded and seems kind of lazy.
Their pandemic excuse is long since over. Now it is just them hiding behind pre-recorded video. To pull off a live presentation, your stuff has to actually work. And the stuff you're announcing has to actually be interesting and positive to the customer and developer base. Doesn't take any balls to deliver news like "we're raising the price of iPhone while simultaneously taking away some vital accessories" when you're doing it behind a camera. Try doing that in front of a live audience.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
Sounds realistic enough. Wouldn't be surprised if this is real.
We’re looking at a mocked-up Marvel short that clearly makes no sense unless you’re wearing a headset. The short is called “Ant-Man Pays Off A Parking Ticket.”

Yeah, totally realistic.

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
It's fake. It literally says in the article:
Urgh. At least they updated it, but still the title is a big sham. Count me out of macworld for the forseeable future, then.

I mean, come on. They even plastered it all over their front page...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-02 12.51.36 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-02 12.51.36 PM.png
    449.5 KB · Views: 88

dturner123

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I thought it was real. Then I read it again and saw the one line that basically said it was fake. I was so mad lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.