Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
As soon as I saw the headline, I thought it was a fake article. Posting stuff like that has never been a staple of Macworld's editorial direction. In fact, I thought it was a Macalope article at first because the headline give off those type of vibes.

Reactions: jchap

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
Nice, I can put all the bold words in the article in my Bingo cards.
I'm ready for WWDC :cool:

AppleTO

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Well, I enjoyed reading it even though it’s completely based on rumours. It will be interesting to see how close the real presentation will be to this mock-up. The fake order of announcements seems like it would more or less be accurate.

Even if the mock-up is basically correct, I think the keynote will still be quite an interesting watch.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
I wish they'd have a real live keynote, rather than the recorded stuff. There was just something magical about watching Steve demo Tiger live and mock Windows while doing so. Or when Steve pulled the MacBook Air out of a large envelope when it was first announced. I feel like that's lost when it's all pre-recorded and seems kind of lazy.
I still watch those every once in a while. They were fun events, you got to see Steve use the product like an average user would and it really felt much more intimate than these overproduced videos. Provided a much better sales pitch, in my opinion. At this point I don't care to watch it live, as long as I can just read it all online same day what's the point?

Reactions: Night Spring

prospervic

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2007
NYC
Glad I saw this here so I won't be tempted to click on the actual article. I'm avoiding all Mac sites until after Monday morning.
I want to experience being surprised and delighted when watching the keynote.

Reactions: Jumpthesnark

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
What’s see on Monday on how right the leaked information that was posted here really is hopefully the next Mac OS 14 is really is skyline if true at least that part was right

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Macworld has become such a joke of its former self. When they lost Chris Breen and Jason Snell, you knew it was over.

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Yeah, this is fake. Not one new thing and is just going over the leaks we have already heard of. If there was something new, I might believe it, but I don’t think this is real. Especially because, once again, their is nothing new that was in that script.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I can't believe so many people here completely lack even a sliver of a sense of humor.

It has nothing to do with having a sense of humor.

Obviously, the site responded to criticism as it inserted additional information over the weekend stating that it was not an actual Keynote script.

However, it's very easy to get fooled by the clickbait manner in which they presented their little joke and the fact that it was such wasn't as nearly evident the day they posted it as it is now.

In hindsight, little things in their script don't make much sense and allude to the comic element they were trying to promote here. However, at the same time, it does present itself as a read that's written straight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.