Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Anyone know if the Environments in Apple Vision Pro are 360 or 180 degrees?

I'm hopeful there will be a way to build our own environments.

Reactions: G5isAlive

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
180 degrees. If you turn beyond that, it's just Tim Cook smiling at you 4 inches from your face, charging up a *GOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOOORNING*
Hahaha! Oh god, that would be so horrifying! :D

You sit there silently, enjoying the view, but, little do you know.....
AppleVisionProFeatures.jpg

You turn around annndd.....
55140e4cdd089514718b4594.jpg

"GOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOORNING!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
I’m hopeful Apple will allow the 3rd Party creation of Environments. Anyone know if that’s a capability accessible to Devs?

Also, I’d love to just be able to set one of my panoramas as an Environment.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
I’m hopeful Apple will allow the 3rd Party creation of Environments. Anyone know if that’s a capability accessible to Devs?

Also, I’d love to just be able to set one of my panoramas as an Environment.

I agree, environments are going to be the new wallpaper. But you probably remember Apple didn’t have user customizable wallpaper until iOS 4. Not sure why they kept it locked down but I worry the same will happen here.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
I like live environments. I hope for more of those. Do they have optional ambient noise? I wish they would.

Reactions: AdonisSMU

MrTSolar

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2017
Environments are full sphere and have ambient noise with adjustable volume, except for Moon because there is no sound in space. Even the app launcher plays ambient music when it is visible.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I love environments. Im shocked Apple didn’t ask content creators to create environments for use on AVP.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Just found an interesting app…it’s called Flowriter. In it, you can prompt an AI to create an environment…using language like in midjourney. It then offers a Rich Text writing space where you could write in that environment. But you can’t do anything else. But I found the AI generated Environments per my prompts to be interesting. The image quality isn’t great, but this concept could evolve.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
I really think environments have so much potential.

I would love to find out how to get a high quality camera, perform specific camera movements to collect enough data to process for a super detailed 360 view. We could capture local areas that resonate with us.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
I really think environments have so much potential.

I would love to find out how to get a high quality camera, perform specific camera movements to collect enough data to process for a super detailed 360 view. We could capture local areas that resonate with us.
We've been discussing that here:

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
Maybe to make your own environment, Apple or a third party will make a camera app/mode that can capture an entire environment, not just 180 or even 360 pano but a whole spherical view. Wouldn’t be live though unfortunately, just static. Maybe that app already exists, but of course Apple would need to support bringing in the file.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
If we can’t make our own Environments in a later release, I hope Apple makes many, many more Environments. We definitely need more than what’s currently shown.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.