Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OnTheeRize

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2015
Bay Area
Everywhere else, I prefer beaches and lush green environments but for the AVP I find myself using the Joshua Tree and White Sands environments the most. I especially like them in night mode for listening to music and watching movies. Yosemite and Lake environments have too much going on for me.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Sorry if I’ve said this already, but I really want the Disney Star Wars Environment to be available all the time. It’s just gorgeous!

I like the Mt Hood one because I feel like I’m taunting the mosquitoes who can’t get to me. Bwahahaha!

Kierkegaarden

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2018
USA
Or any other new content. No new immersive videos either. I thought they would come out with new episodes every week or two like other series.
They’re just giving a taste of what is to come later — I’m guessing additional content will be available once they expand to other countries. Clearly they have big plans for this medium.

Kierkegaarden

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2018
USA
I'd like an empty minimalist office environment. I does not feel natural (to me) to be working on the moon, on a lake, on a mountain, on a volcano etc. A nice minimalist, nicely lit calm room would be great.
There are probably 360 photo apps that will have things like this — the Environments are dynamic, so these will probably all be outdoors. Although you might get someone with a high end rig to produce some interesting indoor environments with dynamic elements.

Reactions: G5isAlive

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2009
But there is no way to have the photo apps you are referring to to be the environment for me on the Vision Pro when I make a workspace for myself.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Much as I'd love Star Wars, I'd like Star Trek even more. Imagine being on the Enterprise bridge in the Captain's chair, or maybe in Ten Forward. The holodeck would also be cool since it's itself an immersive environment.
It would be great if we could add our own. The Roddenberry Archive has fun 3D images of the various bridges and other locations (including 10 Forward).

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
It would be great if we could add our own. The Roddenberry Archive has fun 3D images of the various bridges and other locations (including 10 Forward).
I like them too, but I wish the bridge was shown from the perspective of the Captain rather than off to the side. The Tatooine environment is excellent, and the sounds add a lot to the ambience.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Yes. Watching a movie on the viewscreen of the Ent D from the captain’s chair would be super fun!
Especially a Star Trek movie or TV show. The food synthesizer would have to be nearby for popcorn and drinks, though.

Star Wars might be dangerous - you know, colliding universes and all that.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
I REALLY hope Apple opens the API to allow 3rd party or user-created environments. It will be upsetting if they don't allow this to happen.

Reactions: fatTribble
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.