Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Auto, and it choses Dolby Digital 5.1. If I choose Stereo or play on a mobile device, there is no issue.
Yes but Auto just sends it out as LPCM, under change format do you not have the option to manually change it to DD 5.1 which will send as DD rather than LPCM?

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
Yes but Auto just sends it out as LPCM, under change format do you not have the option to manually change it to DD 5.1 which will send as DD rather than LPCM?
Well. Apple does not give that many options on the AppleTV. And no matter the reason, the audiotrack that’s being used is still broken.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Have you actually tried changing the Audio Format from Auto to DD5.1 just to confirm it’s not an issue with LPCM?

Under Audio Format select Change Format and choose DD5.1

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
Have you actually tried changing the Audio Format from Auto to DD5.1 just to confirm it’s not an issue with LPCM?

Under Audio Format select Change Format and choose DD5.1
Yes. It's only an issue on the DD5.1 audio track.

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
Still not fixed. And I have written to Disney again. I wont give up, as it is unacceptable having a movie with errors not getting resolved.

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
Try messaging James Gunn on one of his social platforms (Twitter/Threads), and let him know there's an error in the presentation of his work and that you're having trouble getting it fixed.

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
Try messaging James Gunn on one of his social platforms (Twitter/Threads), and let him know there's an error in the presentation of his work and that you're having trouble getting it fixed.
Good idea, but im afraid my post would be lost in so many, that it wouldn't make any difference.

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
Good idea, but im afraid my post would be lost in so many, that it wouldn't make any difference.
At this point, what have you got to lose?
Agree, I'll try!.

Reactions: kitKAC

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
What audio format are you using? Auto or Dolby Digital 5.1?
Auto chooses DD5.1 on Apple TV. So the audio error exists no matter the choice. Movie plays perfectly on Mac, iPhone and iPad, But I have no idea what audiotrack is chosen here.

The movie version I have bought from the US Apple TV Store doesn't have the audiotrack issue, played back on the same Apple TV.

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
Well, I have testet it now. It doesn't matter if I select Auto or Dolby Digital 5.1. The audiotrack issue exists on both. If I choose stereo, the audio is fine.

Reactions: -Gonzo-

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
Two points of contact listed under the movies section here: https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/contact-us/ . Had to find this page via google though, since their site doesn't appear to link to it.
Well, I have already been in dialogue with Disney Europe (Sweden). And they dismissed the case as they found no errors. Unfortunately they tested the US version which is OK, and not the European (Danish store) version.

I did point that out to them, but I haven’t head from them since, and it’s 3 months ago now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.