Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smartin80

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2020
no, as written a couple of times, update OCLP to 1.4.2, let it rebuild the ESP, let it do the post install patches, reboot.

If you dont need wifi, maybe all you need is update OCLP, just test it.

If you have a USB - Ethernet adapter (or can pick up one quickly), you can use such in the meantime to calm down.
I really appreciate you helping me but I'm not following...

ESP?

I can't run OCLP on the 5,1 as the OS won't let me. As there's no ethernet it can't verify the developer and I get the common error when trying to open the Privacy and Security prefs.

I think I'm reliant on creating a usable USB installer and downgrading to 12.7.3 again. I've done this but I'm not seeing the EFI partition on bootup from the USB.

Hope I'm making some sort of sense here...

S

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
You should be able to bypass the developer verification by right-clicking on the OCLP app, then choosing "Open" from the drop-down menu.

smartin80

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2020
You should be able to bypass the developer verification by right-clicking on the OCLP app, then choosing "Open" from the drop-down menu.
Yes, Macschrauber enlightened me. I didn't know that could be done. I'm up and running again :)
S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.